Are there any good White Metal or Christian metal bands out there?

Read their recent interviews; in pretty much all of them they basically say that they are not a Christian band. Zao was only a Christian band when Shawn Jonas was their vocalist, on the original All Else Failed and The Splinter Shards the Birth of Separation.

Well. not to split hairs, but the whole Funeral of God thing is, if not Christian, certainly "spiritual".

Also, I've noticed a lot of Xians these days are rejecting the term "Christian" as kind of constricting or morally bankrupt. They're looking to have a personal relationship with Christ and so on, rather than be part of a traditional movement. Even though they are in fact Xians. Not saying that's the case with Zao - just saying.

Also, I've noticed a lot of Xians these days are rejecting the term "Christian" as kind of constricting or morally bankrupt. They're looking to have a personal relationship with Christ and so on, rather than be part of a traditional movement. Even though they are in fact Xians. Not saying that's the case with Zao - just saying.

That's probably because so many people claim to be "Christians". Ask a random person on the street (in the States) if they're Christian and chances are that they'll say yes. Ask someone over 65 and it's almost 99% sure they'll say yes.

It has almost no meaning because to many people being Christian simply means going to church occasionally or maybe not even at all. To most people it's just a sort of cultural thing, something you were born into. That's why the whole "non-practicing Christian" thing is ridiculous. You're either a Christian or you're not, and it's not based on how many "points" you rack up going to church, reading your bible, etc...

I can fully understand why someone would prefer to say "I have a relationship with Christ" rather than "I'm a Christian". The former identifies them as someone who is actually following the doctrines of Christianity, i.e. salvation through faith.

Sorry for the preaching there, but I think it's an interesting topic.

That's probably because so many people claim to be "Christians". Ask a random person on the street (in the States) if they're Christian and chances are that they'll say yes. Ask someone over 65 and it's almost 99% sure they'll say yes.

It has almost no meaning because to many people being Christian simply means going to church occasionally or maybe not even at all. To most people it's just a sort of cultural thing, something you were born into. That's why the whole "non-practicing Christian" thing is ridiculous. You're either a Christian or you're not, and it's not based on how many "points" you rack up going to church, reading your bible, etc...

I can fully understand why someone would prefer to say "I have a relationship with Christ" rather than "I'm a Christian". The former identifies them as someone who is actually following the doctrines of Christianity, i.e. salvation through faith.

That sorta reminds me of Kierkegaard.

Anyway, Solace owns.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was trying to say....