Do you think that an extreme metal band could ever "break"

listen to these bands that claim to be metal Vultures Dead Magnum

i understand what CC is saying in the sense that hardcore vocals are annoying but more popular because they are easier to understand and not as satanic and evil sounding...people son't like death metal vocals because they in a sense scare people and most people don't understand that the vocals aren't satanic (most of the time)...and most of the bands that are mainstream metal or not, really suck

I don't think any extreme metal bands will ever become mainstream, as most people seem to find that if they cannot understand the lyrics, its not worth listening to. Obviously offensive bands that have lyrics about satanism, gore etc. will never become mainstream as people will complain. Although it would be kinda entertaining to see Dying Fetus on sale in Asda :loco:

Not only blatantly racist, but fucking awful, too.

But yeah, musically speaking, I've always seen them as sort of the Iron Maiden of death metal.

Décadent;5564590 said:
Not only blatantly racist, but fucking awful, too.

But yeah, musically speaking, I've always seen them as sort of the Iron Maiden of death metal.
I think their lyrics are well written, from an objective standpoint. I'm not saying that I agree with them.

Why does everyone say that, man? Lines like "Exotic filthy mongrel dogs, fettered to failure by a flawed genome" do not give the impression of objectivity.

Décadent;5564699 said:
Why does everyone say that, man? Lines like "Exotic filthy mongrel dogs, fettered to failure by a flawed genome" do not give the impression of objectivity.

They want to give the impression that they are speaking from the perspective of the antagonists (identified as the white slave-owners or whoever, at least for this particular song you refer to)... thats what I think is a possibility anwyay. Maybe they want to expose viewpoints as they were in those times/situations they refer to ('thats the way it was, so we don't see a need to alter it with a politically correct connotation'-type of thinking) or maybe they really are just racist for the sake of it, who knows.

I've considered that, and it seems logical, yes... however the fact that they're promoting that mindset in ANY fashion indicates that they in some way support it. Compare that with say, Sodom, who sing about war and desaster, but with a grain of remorse. There's nothing like that in Arghoslent, and they seem happy to live in disrepute for it. Props for that, but the lyrics are still really poorly written.

They want to give the impression that they are speaking from the perspective of the antagonists (identified as the white slave-owners or whoever, at least for this particular song you refer to)... thats what I think is a possibility anwyay. Maybe they want to expose viewpoints as they were in those times/situations they refer to ('thats the way it was, so we don't see a need to alter it with a politically correct connotation'-type of thinking) or maybe they really are just racist for the sake of it, who knows.

uhh if you check their website or read any interviews with them it's pretty obvious they are racist

anyway life sucks didnt mean that their lyrics are objective (how could he when he had just referred to them as blatantly racist) but rather that he thought they were well written from an objective standpoint, i.e. not allowing his personal feelings about the subject matter to interfere with analysis of the work...i think :I

I think that Arghoslent could easily be one of the most popular metal bands, or at least one of the most popular extreme metal bands, if they didn't have blatantly racist lyrics.
In order to be popular you actually have to care about things like touring and putting out new albums. This is more of a problem than anything for them.

I find the band totally overrated, so I'd be surprised if they did somehow get more popular.