Are the Mainstream Bands hated among here?

Yeah all fine. Fuck Johnathan Davies got annoying with time. I still enjoy some of the super low tuned mindless heaviness though.

I'm not sure metalcore and deathcore are as "mainstream" as people think... if someone wants to give me some bands they consider "mainstream" nowadays, I'd give my opinion.

Deathcore definitely isn't mainstream as much as it's a fad with those who are new to metal. That's apart from the fact that their appeal is restricted to the said mall kids. But on the whole that can't be too big a number.

Some examples of what I consider mainstream -
Killswitch Engage
Breaking Benjamin [Which I don't mind to an extent]
etc etc

Who doesn't she stalk? :D

I have to admit, listening to crappy nu metal kinda got me into the bands that I listen to now. Mainstream bands aren't hated around here, shit bands are generally hated here. But you also get your usual people who just hate on everything.

I don't stalk you Episteme!

Crappy nu metal was my gateway too. When we were kiddos the aggression in crappy nu metal was just so exciting and new. I think my face melted off when I discovered gore grind on a Napster whim while I was in the midst of my Korn fangirling.