UM's attitude towards mainstream bands

Metallica, Slayer, Darkthrone, Bathory, Morbid Angel, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, etc. etc. all suck too, no musical talent whatsoever, and bland as fuck. Yea bruv music is subjectivve.

Metallica, Slayer, Darkthrone, Bathory, Morbid Angel, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, etc. etc. all suck too, no musical talent whatsoever, and bland as fuck. Yea bruv music is subjectivve.

Butthurt alert

Butthurt alert

Take it easy champ, I was expressing an opinion.

Lol yea I bet I come off as butthurt what with a Tool-related username. I just think it's a little absurd to call Tool bland what with how immensely unique their music is and with how many effects and nuances they include as well as how the drums and bass contribute like lead instruments. The vocal comment is legit but I've never heard someone go as far as "annoying" with Maynard (that's usually reserved for um...oh yea, METAL vocalists), but yea if you don't like him that would certainly contribute to your view of Tool as "bland" since he conveys more anger in his vocals than just about every metal vocalist. The overhyped comment is also legit, I mean if you think a band is terrible and they can fill stadiums, yea they'd fit under "overhyped."

As far as mainstream bands go, I don't like glam besides twisted sister and some def lepard I guess (along with a few others I don't care much about mentioning). I still enjoy Disturbed, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, old metallica (and somewhat their new album), but really nothing all that impressive now that is surfaced.

i dont like a lot of mainstream metal or mainstream death metal. dm bands like morbid angel and deicide are very boring to me. mainstream black metal is fine though.

I like all the classics still...Better Than today's metal.

But some newer mainstream bands I like regardless if they're metal or not.

Muse
Coldplay
Radiohead
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Thrice
Rage Against The Machine
Newer Disturbed
Greenday

I actually don't really like mainstream metal but I like some mainstream rock.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers & Rage Against The Machine are awsome.

Modest Mouse:)

I personally don't give a shit whether the artist is mainstream or not; if they're music's good, I've got no problem with it.

Some 'mainstream' artists I enjoy:
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth
Red Hot Chili Peppers (early albums)
Smashing Pumpkins
Coldplay's A Rush of Blood to the Head
Rage Against the Machine
Eminem (everything up until Encore)
HIM
Alice in Chains
Rise Against

Lol yea I bet I come off as butthurt what with a Tool-related username. I just think it's a little absurd to call Tool bland what with how immensely unique their music is and with how many effects and nuances they include as well as how the drums and bass contribute like lead instruments. The vocal comment is legit but I've never heard someone go as far as "annoying" with Maynard (that's usually reserved for um...oh yea, METAL vocalists), but yea if you don't like him that would certainly contribute to your view of Tool as "bland" since he conveys more anger in his vocals than just about every metal vocalist. The overhyped comment is also legit, I mean if you think a band is terrible and they can fill stadiums, yea they'd fit under "overhyped."

Unique doesn't inherently mean not bland.

And Maynard conveying more anger than nearly every metal vocalist? He sounds like a child throwing a tantrum, at least to me.

Yea, Metallica doesn't fit in the modern mainstream category anyway since no one in their right mind prefers anything but the 80s material (though you're allowed to like The Black Album and a bit of Death Magnetic, I like about 3 or 4 songs from the two)

I like Load, and about 3 songs off Re-Load...

:loco:

Everything is mainstream these days...some more then others, but the underground train left when the internet came.

I like Tool, but they haven't really grown much since Aenima. They are brilliant musicians but they need to get out of the rut they're in.

Yeah I don't know anything about Metal ok, It's an opinion

I prefer Metallica, Megadeth, Carcass, Slayer, Anthrax, Testament, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, In Flames, Death, Morbid Angel, Cynic, Dark Tranquillity, Immortal, Emperor pretty much more then any new band.

Do I have to list every band That I own something by? to prove to you...I don't understand, Since I like The Black Dahlia Murder all of a sudden my Metal Credibility is shit now to you?

At one point when I first got into metalcore at 16 I use to like Dahlia but I grew out of alot of shitty metalcore/deathcore including them. I still like a few bands such as Hatebreed, Shadows Fall, Dry Kill Logic, Lamb Of God, Mastodon (First 2 albums), Chimaira (Before The Infection), As I Lay Dying (Some of their songs off each release), God Forbid (Before Earthsblood), and Unearth. That was the good stuff. Now its shit like 95% of deathcore I heard imo.

I like a lot of that too..But I think TBDM are badass...Yea God Forbid before Earthsblood were sick.

And Tool after Aenima only got better. Lateralus and 10,000 days? Classics.

I refuse I'm done with your posts.