Are there any good White Metal or Christian metal bands out there?

Necuratul said:
The only good "Christian" bands I can think of play Doom Metal.
Yeah, most of the good ones do, like Paramaecium and My Silent Wake, which I highly recommend.

Early Deliverance is good, fun speed metal. Some Living Sacrifice is good (especially the first one) and the first Tourniquet album was very good. Saviour Machine is quite good also.

I've always thought you had good taste in music, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see Saviour Machine on your list. There really aren't many unique or talented Christian bands out there, but I'd also say some of these are worth mentioning:

Believer - Thrash like you've probably never heard it before. "Dimensions" is incredible.
Evroklidon - Unblack metal similar to Darkthrone and Burzum.
Extol - Their old stuff is great, but they sold out and turned to shit on their last album.
Horrific Majesty - I don't give a damn if you think unblack is a contradiction. This is excellent music that surpasses most secular BM these days.
Impellitteri - Their early stuff with Rob Rock on vocals has Christian lyrics.
Mortification - I still enjoy the selftitled album and "Scrolls of the Megilloth" from time to time. People love to hate on them recently, but despite their newer stuff sucking, their old stuff isn't that bad.
Rob Rock - One of the only decent Christian power metal bands.
Seventh Angel - Thrash occassionally mixed with doom. Give "Lament For The Weary" a try and eat your words, dissenters.
Sympathy - Technical death metal. Far from preachy and some people dispute whether or not this is Christian, but his lyrics at least have Christian themes.
Trouble - May not be preachy, but their old albums are still Christian beyond a doubt.
Vengeance Rising - Oldschool thrash, kinda reminds me of Exodus sometimes.

I've always thought you had good taste in music, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see Saviour Machine on your list. There really aren't many unique or talented Christian bands out there, but I'd also say some of these are worth mentioning:

Believer - Thrash like you've probably never heard it before. "Dimensions" is incredible.
Evroklidon - Unblack metal similar to Darkthrone and Burzum.
Extol - Their old stuff is great, but they sold out and turned to shit on their last album.
Horrific Majesty - I don't give a damn if you think unblack is a contradiction. This is excellent music that surpasses most secular BM these days.
Impellitteri - Their early stuff with Rob Rock on vocals has Christian lyrics.
Mortification - I still enjoy the selftitled album and "Scrolls of the Megilloth" from time to time. People love to hate on them recently, but despite their newer stuff sucking, their old stuff isn't that bad.
Rob Rock - One of the only decent Christian power metal bands.
Seventh Angel - Thrash occassionally mixed with doom. Give "Lament For The Weary" a try and eat your words, dissenters.
Sympathy - Technical death metal. Far from preachy and some people dispute whether or not this is Christian, but his lyrics at least have Christian themes.
Trouble - May not be preachy, but their old albums are still Christian beyond a doubt.
Vengeance Rising - Oldschool thrash, kinda reminds me of Exodus sometimes.

Yes Saviour Machine is an excellent avant-garde, goth, metal group. Eric Clayton is an excellent vocalist. I have all of their cd's. Legend 2 is the best IMO, but I like all of them. I haven't heard Vengeance Rising is FOREVER!! HUMAN SACRIFICE! As far as Mortification... I actually saw the video to Scrolls of the Megilloth recently and its not a bad song. Actually their frist three cd's were pretty good... but they became AWFUL after that. Haven't listened to those bands. I would actually like to get some of these old christian metal cd's but they are all rare and out of print and hence very expensive except for ones that were re-issued (like Living Sacrifice). Peace.

Norma Jean's first two albums were good IMO. Cheese-free, non-preachy and heavy as fuck. Although I can't find too many people who agree with me on that one. :zombie:

there are some bands that play there that are somewhat questionable or not Christian at all (like Zao).

Huh? Zao seems pretty unequivocally Christian to me. Well, not so much as to alienate mainstream audiences, bu that's a different story.... :Smug:

Some mention should go to Ultimatum. Albuquerque band that sounds exactly like Exodus; pretty staunchly Xian.

Rob Rock is pretty cool, just heard that band the other day.

Thunder Rider's a pretty decent band I haven't heard mentioned yet, I found a link to their entire album, great stuff, I wouldn't know how to classify the band though.

Yes Saviour Machine is an excellent avant-garde, goth, metal group. Eric Clayton is an excellent vocalist. I have all of their cd's. Legend 2 is the best IMO, but I like all of them. I haven't heard Vengeance Rising is FOREVER!! HUMAN SACRIFICE! As far as Mortification... I actually saw the video to Scrolls of the Megilloth recently and its not a bad song. Actually their frist three cd's were pretty good... but they became AWFUL after that. Haven't listened to those bands. I would actually like to get some of these old christian metal cd's but they are all rare and out of print and hence very expensive except for ones that were re-issued (like Living Sacrifice). Peace.

I was able to find a good deal of them for low prices on either www.blastbeats.com or www.musicstack.com. But some of them are indeed expensive, like Human Sacrifice cost me $25.

Huh? Zao seems pretty unequivocally Christian to me. Well, not so much as to alienate mainstream audiences, bu that's a different story.... :Smug:
Read their recent interviews; in pretty much all of them they basically say that they are not a Christian band. Zao was only a Christian band when Shawn Jonas was their vocalist, on the original All Else Failed and The Splinter Shards the Birth of Separation.

I've said it many a time and I'll say it again... buy Lengsel's "Solace" NOW! (you can find it for like $5 at lots of online shops). They have a really interesting and original (and fairly technical compared to most "True Norweigan" acts) take on black metal. Follow the myspace link in my sig and listen to the song "Revival". It still blows me away (as does the entire album) every time I hear it and I've listened to it probably 250-300 times.

That said don't bother with the new material they're releasing now, unfortunately it's no where near their debut.