Are there any good White Metal or Christian metal bands out there?

Early Deliverance is good, fun speed metal. Some Living Sacrifice is good (especially the first one) and the first Tourniquet album was very good. Saviour Machine is quite good also.

Okay follow up post:

For thrash...

Add the second Vengeance (name changed to Vengeance Rising) album.

Believer's is either a hit or miss band, they have some good riffs reminiscent of Kreator on their first album but overall it's just okay; if you're going to check them out at all then make sure you get the track Dies Irae from their second album: fucking awesome.

Logo's is good speed metal sometimes bordering on thrash.

Get the second and third living sacrifice album if you like good gritty deathrash and can handle the really monotonous crap vocals. Uhh other death thrash.. Incubus is highly recommended esp for fans of early/mid Sepultura. And Decision D is decent if i recall correctly.

The Crucified is kinda punkish crossover if you like that.

If you like V5's recommendation of Drottnar then check out Absurd2's demo (the 2 is 'squared', not the number 2), and possibly even Extol's album "Synergy".

Tourniquet is proggy thrash.. I've never liked them but they're highly acclaimed within their own christian circles.

For death...

Excurses "Devil's Footprints" demo is decent melodic death. Aletheian is techy melo-death. The two songs Cruciferae released on the "From Kaamos to Midnight Sun" are really good.
For Origin/Hate Eternal style check out Sympathy..
There's also a small brutal death scene with bands like Tortured Conscious and Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Indwelling has some decent riffs but THAT KICK DRUM IS FUCKING ANNOYING. If you like it check out Death List.

For black...

Lengsel's "Solace" (I heard songs from their new album that's going to be released, it's worthless).

---

If you like Saviour Machine check out Virgin Black.

Pantokrator is pretty good death doom.

---

So ummm yeah, dig around if you're interested, you'll find something worthwhile, if you couldn't care for christian lyrics than i wouldn't bother looking much further than the songs I've uploaded...

Here's a tune from a staple band from each subgenre for people who just want to hear something:

THRASH:
Living Sacrifice - Living Sacrifice (1991) - Violence

BLACK:
Horde - Hellig Usvart (1994) - An Abandoned Grave Bathes Softly In The Falling Moonlight

DEATH:
Mortification - Scrolls of the Megilloth (1992) - Death Requiem

[for V5+admin: these are uploaded to yousendit, the links will expire in 5 days, & 2/3 bands are defunct so there should be no copyright problems]

My favorites are Antestor, Sympathy, My Silent Wake, Paramaecium, Aletheian, Benea Reach, Virgin Black, Crimson Moonlight, Shadows of Paragon, Evroklidon, Frost Like Ashes, Rob Rock, Lengsel, The Souls Unrest, Lo-Ruhamah, Luminaria, Illuminandi, Seventh Angel, Ashen Mortality, and Century Sleeper.

Zhou Tai 04 said:
Virgin Black

I thought they were more a parody of Christianity:

Virgin Black said:
A thousand tears, a thousand eyes
My friends and I, we cry
Religion has raped us
Forever we rehearse the song that strips our throats to blood
We bare our souls in transparency but our velvet tongues will never please their ears
But are you holding on?
I'm holding on
Look at us dying
A field of human crucifixes, weathered and fading
Heaven hears nothing as the priests are wailing
And they're crushing our souls
We feel our lives sifting through our hands
But we're holding on
Look at my face
Look at God in my eyes
We stand

Yeah, Virgin Black isn't really Christian. I guess they could be borderline, but, then again, so could Trouble.

Dragao said:
Are there any bands out there that can compare to a lot of black metal bands musically, only with a different approach?

I don't mean crap bands like mainstream hardcore (As I Lay Dying, etc), but really metal christian bands, maybe even some death metal.

Christian metal is shit. So is Christ.

Carcassian said:
Trouble, as mentioned earlier, are probably my favourite Christian metal band. Not only are they awesome fucking doom to the max, they're ANGRY christians.

I always got the impression they'd rather stab you in the throat than forgive you.
:lol: This makes them sound worth checking out to me.

I fuckin' forgot Pantokrator! Pretty good, yep...similar maybe to Paramaecium but maybe even more desparate?

Re: Yeti, a Christian metal fan like yourself once sent me a demo/EP of theirs and said it was Christian stuff...I didn't really research em, but I remember em being fairly good.

Also, THANK YOU FOR DROTTNAR. Though it doesn't seem like they're really Christian on Welterwerk, it rules regardless!

Walls Of Hate said:
:lol: This makes them sound worth checking out to me.

Trouble are worth checking out regardless, Psalm 9 is probably one of my favourite metal albums ever.

DivineFire is awesome (read: cheesy) Christian power metal.

Check out Theocracy's self titled.

hibernal_dream said:
I thought they were more a parody of Christianity:

No, they are definitely a Christian band, although their lyrics aren't very obvious...except for this song on Sombre Romantic.

A Poet's Tears Of Porcelain

As tears again bedew my cheek
To your knees I cling
Oh merciful one
Show me your glory
Was I not bruised?
Have you not healed?
They dance to silence
But your song I hear
Holy lord, fathomless god
tears flow
But the water is sweet
Holy lord, fathomless god
I fall as one dead
With quivering lips
Blessed be, priest and friend
All Heavens bow
In admiration
Fathomless depth
Measureless height
Great is your holiness

Doesn't get much more obvious than that.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
I fuckin' forgot Pantokrator! Pretty good, yep...similar maybe to Paramaecium but maybe even more desparate?

Re: Yeti, a Christian metal fan like yourself once sent me a demo/EP of theirs and said it was Christian stuff...I didn't really research em, but I remember em being fairly good.

Also, THANK YOU FOR DROTTNAR. Though it doesn't seem like they're really Christian on Welterwerk, it rules regardless!
Yeah, Pantokrator's great; I have Song of Solomon (on the split cd with Sanctifica: In the Bleak Midwinter) and Blod. They have a new song on their Myspace page called Nephilim.

And Yeti is oftentimes mistaken for being a Christian band because they played at Cornerstone Fest, which is where a lot of the heavier Christian bands play, although there are some bands that play there that are somewhat questionable or not Christian at all (like Zao). They never actually released the lyrics for their cd, but I recall reading a statement by them a while ago on Extol's forum that they were never a Christian band. Also, they said that they're working on new material. Don't expect anything any time soon, though.

I would have to say I think Extol is good christian metal band. Even though they play melod death, there song structure jumps around some times and they do some cool cromatic chord changes which gives them their own sound which I think is the most important thing about being in a band.

On religious note, I'll say I'm a christian. I think that organized forms of christianity have been imprinted by capitalism (prolly for worse) and the culture in which it mainly resides, but don't let the foolish actions of others make you hate it. Atheism is an afront to one's one intuition. Think about it... the world, the universe, physics, even the anatomy of the human body. Some thing or some one had to make it all. I believe that inner thought is indicative of the soul and some one having an individual perspective of relality separate from all others means that there is more to my body than just piping. I think therefore I am. Although you may dissagree that the universe was made by the god of Abraham, you must concede, something, some higher power brought reality into fruition.

Look at us though, most of us, including myself, are young men who have one way or another become disenfranchized with society and in doing so turned to heavy metal, an art form that is just as angry as we are. I go to shows and all I see are just a bunch of kids in their teens and early twenties. I know b/c I know my own kind, I'm 22. Yeah thrashing is fun and God knows I love the heavy, but in the end, when you are alone and you lay in your bed, did it really matter? Are we happy? I'm not trying to preach to you guys, just reveal my thoughts.

I'm actually rather impressed with the level of maturity that this thread has maintained, I was thinking the third post would be something liken to "my religion is poop" but I'm impressed, its kinda like how blabbermouth is all kosher now. LOL