How do you like Death Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Slayer aren't Death Metal anyway, so they are beside the point (though I still think they are awesome).

Melodic Death Metal is probably the best place to start if you aren't used to harsher music. But even then it's too much for most people (which makes me giggle a bit, to be honest).

For me it took time, i liked traditional then grew into thrash but never liked grindcore n such. Over time i began to like Death Metal and grind, but was never into Black Metal. Eventually i began to like Black Metal as well.:headbang:

Stop thinking categorically. I LOVE GOOD DEATH METAL. I don't like crappy music in general (Cannibal Corpse, Slipknot, Drudkh, Motley Crue).

Arnt you the guy who wants a dick up his ass all the time to relive stress?

Brutal Death Metal is the hardest to get into ,aside from Drone, but once you do its worth it.

Arnt you the guy who wants a dick up his ass all the time to relive stress?

Brutal Death Metal is the hardest to get into ,aside from Drone, but once you do its worth it.

do you think Grindcore is harder to get into than Brutal Death?

do you think Grindcore is harder to get into than Brutal Death?

Not really. When I was younger Brutal Death Metal was just unlistenable. Maybe because BDM had a "unhuman" touch to its vocals and lyrics made me feel sick and preverted. Grindcore was just applying to the young teenager to me. I have outgrown that though. BDM destroys grindcore.

Grind and Brutal Death have alot in common, so I don't think it would take alot for you to get into either genre if you liked the other.

Drone isn't hard to get into. You just need to stop thinking and let it wash over you, then it starts making perfect sense.

wtf cannibal corpse is good

Cannibal Corpse is aight... There's much better Death Metal out there, but Cannibal Corpse had some wicked lyrics in their early days. I never really bothered to listen to much of their stuff after Barnes left though.

Six Feet Under on the other hand is pretty damn shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.