do you like old terror movies?

All right movie buffs. Lately hollywood has been releasing some really abysmal horror movies. Nothing scary about them, just gore, blood, and flesh. Wow. I can go to an emo's house and see that shit. Anyways, Im looking for a horror movie thats a real mind fuck. Something that goes beyond the gore and focuses on the plot. A real horror movie that you cannot predict and surprises you not because of some face popping up and screaming. But because the story itself is just soo out of place and the atmosphere is beyond terror. A REAL horror movie. Not another damn cliche slasher. I hate those. Fuck Jason & his friends.

Some of these are obscure so be prepared to look:
The Burning
Nightmare in a Damaged Brain
They Don't Cut The Grass Anymore
Scream Bloody Murder
Drive-In Massacre
Skinned Alive
Driller Killer

I don't know if I'd say these movies really focus on the plot but they are quite different and more avante garde than your average slasher if that's the kind of thing you're looking for.

All right movie buffs. Lately hollywood has been releasing some really abysmal horror movies. Nothing scary about them, just gore, blood, and flesh. Wow. I can go to an emo's house and see that shit. Anyways, Im looking for a horror movie thats a real mind fuck. Something that goes beyond the gore and focuses on the plot. A real horror movie that you cannot predict and surprises you not because of some face popping up and screaming. But because the story itself is just soo out of place and the atmosphere is beyond terror. A REAL horror movie. Not another damn cliche slasher. I hate those. Fuck Jason & his friends.

The Changeling
The Omen

both have minimal violence, incredible acting performances and an atmosphere thats so bleak and abyssmal.

And to a lesser extent... Session 9