do you like old terror movies?

Did anyone here see the new movie Slither ?

I thought it was pretty neat for a newer horror movie.

Slither was hilarious. I had no expectations whatsoever given that most "big" new horror movies are disappointing, but this was good fun. I loved the ending.

The Dawn of the Dead remake also belongs on the list of great recent horror movies. Despite my incredibly low expectations (remakes of classics are nearly always a disaster), and my feeling that the movie isn't really a remake of Dawn at all, if you ignore the fact that it's supposed to be a remake and just watch the movie for what it is it was great. Great pacing, good script with snappy dialog and the ending was great as well. Really well done movie altogether. The only thing I could have done without was the whole black-gangster-who-unexplicably-married-some-annoying-Russian-woman subplot. Both those characters were annoying as fuck.

It was alright. Too much CGI for my tastes. I prefer CGI to stay out of my horror movies.

Some of my favorites:
Braindead
Day of the Dead
They Don't Cut The Grass Anymore
Cannibal Holocaust:kickass:
Last House On The Left
The Hills Have Eyes (original)

man, cannibal holocaust is awesome... deserves a remake...

my list:

Hellraiser
Re-Animator
Evil Dead
Phantasm
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Sometimes They Come Back

and many others

You should see Beyond Re-Animator...after the credits finish, you can see a severed penis fight a rat. :lol:

my favorite part is when Herbert West and Dan Cain re-animate the first corpse right in the morgue during hospital hours and it goes fucking insane. ha

best thing ever

is it???

reanimator-thumb.jpg

If you watch Re-Animator make sure to get the uncut version with the severed head pussy-eating scene. It is indeed a sight to behold.

Deep Red
Tenebre
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage
Don't Torture a Duckling
Short Night of Glass Dolls
Who Saw Her Die?
What are Those Strange Drops of Blood Doing on Jennifer's Body? (Case of the Bloody Iris)
Blood and Black Lace
A Lizard in a Woman's Skin
Seven Bloodstained Orchids
Opera
The Cat O' Nine Tails

could probably go on...:D

hehe, most of those are either already on the list, or ive seen. dont torture a duckling was great. tenebre should be is on the next shipment
~gR~

man, cannibal holocaust is awesome... deserves a remake...

my list:

Hellraiser
Re-Animator
Evil Dead
Phantasm
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Sometimes They Come Back

and many others

cannibal holocaust was ok. not really as disturbing as i hoped though. you wanna see a fucked up movie? watch Visitor Q
~gR~

cuz im fairly sure the writers sat down with one premise in mind: "what havnt we done yet?". "oh i know. we can have a guy fuck the dead chic, she shits all over him and it turns him on, and then rigors up and he gets his dick stuck! oh! and then he calls his wife (who is standing in a pool of her own breat milk) to help him get unstuck! that would totally rule"
~gR~

cannibal holocaust was ok. not really as disturbing as i hoped though. you wanna see a fucked up movie? watch Visitor Q
~gR~

I thought it was going to be more disturbing also. The part where the guy removes the shell off the turtle is pretty disgusting.

I thought it was going to be more disturbing also. The part where the guy removes the shell off the turtle is pretty disgusting.

yeah, the animal stuff as interesting. the only part i was really pleased with (as far as shock value) was the impalement scene. that was wicked!
~gR~

Recommend me the essential splatter/horror movies (I've already seen Evil Dead of course)

All right movie buffs. Lately hollywood has been releasing some really abysmal horror movies. Nothing scary about them, just gore, blood, and flesh. Wow. I can go to an emo's house and see that shit. Anyways, Im looking for a horror movie thats a real mind fuck. Something that goes beyond the gore and focuses on the plot. A real horror movie that you cannot predict and surprises you not because of some face popping up and screaming. But because the story itself is just soo out of place and the atmosphere is beyond terror. A REAL horror movie. Not another damn cliche slasher. I hate those. Fuck Jason & his friends.