A good year for the kind of movies you like?

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
It certainly hasn't been a dry year for me (being the action movie buff I am).

Lessee, which ones can I remember...
Kangaroo Jack (pointless silliness -gotta luv it!)
The Recruit
Shanghai Nights
Gods And Generals (long and drawn out, but did nice job of showing just how brutal the Civil War really was)
Daredevil
The Core
Basic
Bulletproof Monk
X-Men 2
The Hulk
The Italian Job
Bruce Almighty (I like Morgan Freeman)
The Matrix Reloaded (even saw the Imax version of this)
Terminator 3

And we are barely past the six month mark. This is probably more movies than I've seen in the last 18 months! And the year just keeps on giving...

Looking forward to:
League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Shaolin Soccer (seen the subtitled version already though)
Kill Bill (October 10th)
The Matrix: Revolutions (November 5th)
Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World (the age of sail intrigues me)
The Last Samurai
The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King

Taking a pass on:
Freddy Vs Jason - this should be real fun for the horror movie buffs, which I'm not... well except for the Evil Dead movies.

And, if I'm bored and looking for something to see...
Charlies Angels, Full Throttle (didn't see the first one)
Tomb Raider, The Cradle Of Life (didn't see the first one either)

So, how has your year in movies been going so far?

Get 'Equilibrium,' man, it's simple amazing. Ok, so it came out in December of last year, but the DVD is new. You'll forget about that travesty that is Matrix Reloaded.

You have great taste in movies, Mr. Toast! Be sure to see Stephen Chow's God of Cookery which is debatably just as funny as Shaolin Soccer.

I saw the trailers for Underworld about a female "The Crow" type of heroine. It looks pretty cool.

The next big movies I am waiting for is LotR: Return of the King, and, of course, Star Wars: Episode 3.

Star Wars: Episode 3 is going to be by far the best and the darkest of the first trilogy. Darth Sidious (Palpatine) will rise to power and exterminate all of the Jedi (expect for Obi-Wan & Yoda obviously), Anakin will turn to the dark side of the force & become Vader, and the Empire will seize control of the galaxy. It doesn't get any better than that! We only have 691 days to go! :D

Hey I didn't like alot of the movies u listed but I think that a good one that is coming out is gonna be Pirates of the Carrabean. Nicko McBrain said it was a good movie in the touring Dairies. Also if anyone hasn;t seen Donnie darko go bloody rent it cos its bloody marvelous