Kill Bill vs. Matrix Revolutions

best said:
what kind of an ending would you want? Why do you think it sucks?
making peace with the machines? oh gimme a break! either the machines win or the humans. it's like the empire and the rebels making peace at the end of Star Wars.. that's stupid.

it really did need an ending where one side wins. I'd say the machines and most people who are into "happy endings" would say humans but that's not the point. the point is, it did need a better ending than that.

ok a possibility is that they might be thinking of making a 4th one to make more money so they wanted to leave it kind of open, but if there is no 4th one, then it really is a bullshit ending to the whole thing. i mean, what was the whole purpose of fighting this whole time then if someone could just go and make peace with them?

I didn't think that Revolutions was _that_ bad. But then again I had my expectations lower than never before, so I couldn't have been dissapointed I guess. Gotta love those mecha-like thingies they fought with. And the ending, well I thought it made kinda sense. Way more than humans defeating all the machines at once or something. I was entertained.

plus now I think the second part makes more sense in a way that those two sequels balance each other quite well. the second one being high on action inside the matrix, with all that philosophical nonsense and the third being filled with outside matrix action. And I liked the way they went into anime style big showdown at the end. No little bitch slapping but huge duel with demolition and huge explosions and stuff.

But Kill Bill. No doubt, it beats matrix 3-0.

OK. So.. as I got it, the white haired old fucker is the machine king and the oracle is his bitch. thats OK. machines have emotions, love.. thats not that OK. then at the end, they make a deal, keep it and let peace. thats far not OK, cos, why the hell would they do that if they are stronger and that? honour?? machine-honour? com'on.. And how is that neo and others can switch between the two worlds (systems) without the plug?? It ruins the whole concept. Which was a neuro-whatever thing, a scientific and believable theory about the minds connected and that (actually we are very close to that state, i read about monkeys with wires in brain were able to remotely operate robotarms and that..). So then how? All the well-built clever script went into a cloudy fuckedup scifi, that has no theories and sense, you just have to believe it as it is. Lord of the Matrix.

Cerulean said:
I absolutely loved the first movie, and I couldn't wait to see the next 2. Thing is, bad reviews discouraged me, so I haven't seen the second one yet :confused:
so don't do that! they screwed up arr idea and plot in next 2 parts. the next matrixes are worth watching only for effects, nothing more.

mortal kombat is way more cool, yeah.. does anyone remember the tv-series? i dunno which title, maybe "conquest" ..but it was so funny at the end, no bloody happyending for puffs, every hero died in the last scene, haha!! Cool.

Nah, talking bout proper man endings for tv-series, Son of the Beach had one :lol: The baddie they thought was dead became consious again and aimed a bazooka at their beach wedding party, where everybody was being so happy and satisfied with their lives. :lol:

Dora said:
OK. So.. as I got it, the white haired old fucker is the machine king and the oracle is his bitch. thats OK. machines have emotions, love.. thats not that OK. then at the end, they make a deal, keep it and let peace. thats far not OK, cos, why the hell would they do that if they are stronger and that? honour?? machine-honour? com'on.. And how is that neo and others can switch between the two worlds (systems) without the plug?? It ruins the whole concept. Which was a neuro-whatever thing, a scientific and believable theory about the minds connected and that (actually we are very close to that state, i read about monkeys with wires in brain were able to remotely operate robotarms and that..). So then how? All the well-built clever script went into a cloudy fuckedup scifi, that has no theories and sense, you just have to believe it as it is. Lord of the Matrix.

neo is a messiah so he can do anything he wants, for the others i didnt see anyone plugging into matrix without getting connected, do they have to show it everytime? And for the peace, the reason they made peace was because they couldnt defeat smith and needed neo for that. and you have to accept that machines have some feelings and honour maybe one of them. If you reject the fact that AI cant have any feelings, then you have to say that ghost in the shell, blade runner and 2001 were all bullshit. Of course the first movie was the best one. It was the first time we met with the concept and special effects were really surprising, but how can you expect them to come up with revolutionary special effects in each movie?

yeah, thats why I said it turned into Lord of the Matrix.. Messiah??? dont be kidding, messiahs dont fucking exist!! Fairytales, pfff.. It was very well built in the first and now its a fucking joke.. In the 1st things were logically possible, there was no way that you, here, could proof that the matrix doesnt exist.. but this messiah supernatural shit fucked it imo.. (just as they fucked the bible with those magic power scenes instead of a proper and instructive historical documentary..) This is not a world of people taking the red pill! Messiah is my arse.

Dora said:
yeah, thats why I said it turned into Lord of the Matrix.. Messiah??? dont be kidding, messiahs dont fucking exist!! Fairytales, pfff.. It was very well built in the first and now its a fucking joke.. In the 1st things were logically possible, there was no way that you, here, could proof that the matrix doesnt exist.. but this messiah supernatural shit fucked it imo.. (just as they fucked the bible with those magic power scenes instead of a proper and instructive historical documentary..) This is not a world of people taking the red pill! Messiah is my arse.

Matrix is a modern myth, just like star wars, of course it is going to include messiahs and heroes like bible did. And there are several ways you can argue against the possiblity of having a matrix like world like several philosophers who argued against descartes did.

best said:
Matrix is a modern myth, just like star wars, of course it is going to include messiahs and heroes like bible did. And there are several ways you can argue against the possiblity of having a matrix like world like several philosophers who argued against descartes did.

So that's what started to disturb me in the second part, a too overt reference to the Bible. As Dora has pointed out, it was much more enjoyable with the new philosophical/scientific aspect, cause basically that's what I'm living in (cyberculture and stuff like that). But I don't need another hero or messiah, you know, I'm much more earthbound than that.

still theres a way to solve the case: if they say that the machine world and zion together are only a simulation, then things can make sense again, and they can start to shoot Matrix 4-5-6.. :)

OFF,

AI: be careful with the romantic thought of feeling machines cos that just leads to spiritless humans. cos if you say ai can produce feelings which are symptoms of relations, a mathematically descriptive thing, whatever, and not a human soul supernatural divine shit, then it fucking applies to the human brain too.. And in fact, that is very close to the truth.. If you think about how someones personality grows from the circumstances (which needs much and real studies on that matter, so usually ppl dont think about it at all), and if you take neurologist and other researches on this matter, then it seems that all human decisions, emotions, thoughts ... made in bloody brain cells in an electronic or chemical way, by enzims and its all controlled by simple general rules... and thats all, end of tale, even Santa Claus doesnt exist boohoo!! If something is changed phisically in brain like, then voila, you get a completely different person. Thats fucking scary. (just read about a guy who had epilepsy and they cut his forhead-part-brain (dunno the name) so it separated his left and right brain parts and basically he had 2 different wills after that... no working together between the racional and irracional minds, he just got angry with his wife and wanted to slap her with his left hand and held his hand down with the right cos that belonged to the other part.. )
And those monkeys: they wired their brain and gave them joysticks to move robot arms and recorded what their brain did when doing so, and then they removed the joysticks and the monkey still wanted to play with those arms, so thought about them, the order went through the wires and they remotely played with them arms without touching anything.. haha, cool.. It means that Love and Honour soon becomes a click with the mouse or a pill to take.. :ill:

the thing is that with all this sci-fi stuff like matrix and lord of the rings and all that, people forget what cinema is all about. i mean, yeah i wanna have fun and see a few blasts but it's not what cinema is about. not for me at least.

i was so amazed. didnt plan to see kill bill but i was with mates so we had to pick out a movie no one of us saw before and that would be interesting. so it was pretty much the only one left.

but hell! i loved that movie. cant wait for the 2nd part. ah and the music and the other things happening. in every scene there was something really odd. like the waterpump at the end. freaky :D

Kill Bill was a slight disappointment, not the same kinda feeling to it as it was in Pulp Fiction for example. :(

Matrix Revolutions I don't even wanna see. Word: rip-off. :yuk:

Dora said:
Ive heard somewhere that the wachowskis are in the scientology sect so er.. :-/
Yes they are scientologist. At the end of revolution everything is getting clear. The message out of it is equal to the profession of fate by these stupid scientologists, even the sunrise at the end of Revolution looks the same cheesy way as on their homepage. :tickled:

But they got nice effects... Hmmm... But there isn´t any harmony! That is the problem and that they even don´t see where their wounds came from. A workaround for the future. WELL, NO !!!