Kill Bill vs. Matrix Revolutions

Lolita Vampiriá said:
Kill Bill was a slight disappointment, not the same kinda feeling to it as it was in Pulp Fiction for example. :(

Matrix Revolutions I don't even wanna see. Word: rip-off. :yuk:

Yeah, I agree, I don't understand why people adore Kill Bill so much when after the first 30 minutes it just becomes boring.

And this song in your sig, aaaaaah, I last heard it in such a cosy place I'll never forget it any more.

Dora said:
OFF,

AI: be careful with the romantic thought of feeling machines cos that just leads to spiritless humans. cos if you say ai can produce feelings which are symptoms of relations, a mathematically descriptive thing, whatever, and not a human soul supernatural divine shit, then it fucking applies to the human brain too.. And in fact, that is very close to the truth.. If you think about how someones personality grows from the circumstances (which needs much and real studies on that matter, so usually ppl dont think about it at all), and if you take neurologist and other researches on this matter, then it seems that all human decisions, emotions, thoughts ... made in bloody brain cells in an electronic or chemical way, by enzims and its all controlled by simple general rules... and thats all, end of tale, even Santa Claus doesnt exist boohoo!! If something is changed phisically in brain like, then voila, you get a completely different person. Thats fucking scary. (just read about a guy who had epilepsy and they cut his forhead-part-brain (dunno the name) so it separated his left and right brain parts and basically he had 2 different wills after that... no working together between the racional and irracional minds, he just got angry with his wife and wanted to slap her with his left hand and held his hand down with the right cos that belonged to the other part.. )
And those monkeys: they wired their brain and gave them joysticks to move robot arms and recorded what their brain did when doing so, and then they removed the joysticks and the monkey still wanted to play with those arms, so thought about them, the order went through the wires and they remotely played with them arms without touching anything.. haha, cool.. It means that Love and Honour soon becomes a click with the mouse or a pill to take.. :ill:

Just like sartre said, you first come into existence than you create a personality(or was it different?) if you agree with him, AI can develop feelings like we do. Who said we have somekinda divine shit, the only divine i know was in pink flamingos :tickled: And back to matrix, i cant see why people hated it so much, apart from ending, it has an important message i think. When Neo takes the red pill or answers Smith's question why he is struggling knowing that he cant win by saying "because I chose to", he is giving us a message. He tells people to create meaning for their lives instead of running around like headless chickens and consuming stuff like madman and crawling in misery. Apart from the philosophical stuff, thats what i liked most.

yeah, but why do we need that fairytale shit part? pfff.. it tells that its only a miracle and not real. what is it good for? believing in a supernatural asshole again instead of us doing the shitty work - thats the other side of the picture imo.

Lolita Vampiriá said:
Matrix Revolutions I don't even wanna see. Word: rip-off. !:yuk:
rip-off of what? you know those Kill Bill scenes weren't that original either, consider it a homage. it's same with music these days I guess. It's kinda hard to make something totally original without _any_ influences whatsoever. That shouldn't be the only point when critisising something..

Crack Hitler said:
rip-off of what? you know those Kill Bill scenes weren't that original either, consider it a homage. it's same with music these days I guess. It's kinda hard to make something totally original without _any_ influences whatsoever. That shouldn't be the only point when critisising something..

How are the martial art scenes in Kill Bill? I know that the guy who made iron monkey was working on them but has tarantino brought anything freash and surprising to those scenes? I havent seen it yet since the assholes here didnt show it yet.

since its a homage i dont think he brought anything new but he listed and mixed all the known things well.. that japanese girl with the metal ball and with the nails in her head was ace (shes from battle royale).. Etc.

best said:
How are the martial art scenes in Kill Bill? I know that the guy who made iron monkey was working on them but has tarantino brought anything freash and surprising to those scenes? I havent seen it yet since the assholes here didnt show it yet.
Well it's decent stuff for Yuen Woo Ping considering the lead hasn't been a martial artist since birth, like for example Donnie Yen in Iron Monkey... I can't say was it that fresh or not but I enjoyed it and the first fight was quite brutal I thought, it taking place in ones home and kicking off so suddenly. And the one with 88's, well that needed some serious planning since there's some many people, haha..
It's not just those choreographs but wicked bloodshed as well :D

yes, i loved it. i dont need to mention the effects. they are the best ever...EVER! in the history of cinema.

but of course thats not really important. many of you guys say it was philosophically thin...well, they had to end the story somehow, eh? think about the triology as one single movie.

the matrix triology is one of the best things that happened in the film industry in the last decade. those wachowski brothers have deserved every single penny of the billions of dollars they made.

ah, don. i thought you'd never let me down but i was wrong... :cry:

i mean the first one was decent yes. but the rest... lets drop it anyways.

the action scenes make me wanna sleep, the "philosophy" talk has no point, it's dead boring really. thank god we get to see monica at least. don't be mad. :(

sol83 said:
the action scenes make me wanna sleep, the "philosophy" talk has no point, it's dead boring really. thank god we get to see monica at least. don't be mad. :(
that scene with monica in the second one, it was totally irrelevant, they did not need to show it and if you dont like action you shouldnt be watchin matrix :Spin:

i like good action. terminator 2 like. i really dig that one. the new one was of course a huge flop.

the truck with all the ducati motorbikes in the 2nd one, that was really daft. i never saw the 1st one :oops: but when i saw no2 i dont want to see it