The Matrix - Revolutions

Fuck me, that movie was TERRIBLE. I just watched it 14 hours ago, and it's like the whole thing has been erased from my brain. I was drinking beer last night mind you, but I also watched Lyckantropen and remember every bit of that. :loco:

Oh yeah, one more thing:

Matrix Revolutions = Star Wars Episode I

ChiefB said:
This film is a load of old hairy bollocks.
Sorry Bro... I dig your musical reviews, but I think you totally missed the boat on this.

ChiefB said:
This film is a special effects feast, which is great for the brain dead and those into nu-Metal.
As was the first one, but it's also the best movie of all-time, hands down. I'm sure I'll catch a ton of shit for saying that on a board that takes a great deal of satisfaction in all things that run counter to popular culture, but so be it.

ChiefB said:
The story is fucking arse wipe: The Wachowski brothers have leant on such topics as the Resurrection of Christ, Chinese Mythology, Spiritual understanding; infact just read one of Deepak Chopra's books and this film has it.
Yes, because those are run of the mill topics that are covered in most films. If memory serves me correctly, I believe similar themes were prevalent in "Too Fast, Too Furious" as well.

ChiefB said:
The final scene has Neo flying around like Superman fighting Agent Smith? I could not believe that I was watching something akin to Superman II - infact Superman II is a better film.
Well, I obviously have a certain affinity for that flick. None the less, I'll take "Revolutions".

ChiefB said:
This film just came across like a complete mess and I am so glad that this trilogy is finally over. The Matrix films in my opinion are just pure hype.
The second part of the trilogy contained a little too much exposition for my liking, but was an enjoyable movie none the less. However, to say that the first film was "just pure hype" sounds iconoclastic, just for the sake of being so.

ChiefB said:
I am so glad for films like Kill Bill which blow these massive blockbusters out of the window.
A strange example, given that "Kill Bill" had a $65,000,000 budget and borrowed heavily from the "Matrix", as far as the manner in which the fight scenes were shot.

As I said, I love your music reviews, but think you're way off base here. Cheers.

Zod

That's what I loved so much about the first Matrix: the special effects were (are) mindblowing, but it had a highly thought out story and engrossing characters that made it something much more than just eye candy. The 2nd one was still cool what with the whole concept behind the Matrix, but the 3rd... no. I'm sure to watch it again sometime, but then again I've only seen the 2nd one once, and the DVD has been gathering dust on my shelf for 4 months now.

jimbobhickville said:
I guess I'm alone in thinking Matrix 3 was alright. I thought it was easily the weakest of the trilogy, and it did some a lot of cliche hollywood moments, but I'll be damned if I wasn't impressed visually.
Man, I haven't seen Matrix 3 yet but at this point, I hate CGI. I just don't care about computerized special effects anymore. If it's used to enhance certain effects, or add some color here or there, then fine - but to just make an entire movie that looks like a videogame...nah. Jurassic Park was cool when it first came out because I was overwhelmed with the effects, but I'll always regard Jaws, even with that rubber shark, a better movie. People have forgotten the art of decent script writing.

General Zod said:
A strange example, given that "Kill Bill" had a $65,000,000 budget and borrowed heavily from the "Matrix", as far as the manner in which the fight scenes were shot.
Kill Bill borrowed from The Matrix fight scenes? How? It didn't use "bullet time" - that is the only thing The Matrix can claim to anything original. Otherwise it was all basic martial arts. Any action sequences that Kill Bill used were a direct homage to grindhouse cinema. Tarrantino is a master at that - The Matrix is way too new wave for him to plagiarize. Kill Bill stole from Akira Kurosawa all the way through to Sonny Chiba and Shaolin Temple fight sequences. In fact, wait until you see Kill Bill 2 - from what I can gather, Tarrantino's even used the master from the old Wu Tang Clan flicks...note the guy standing on the sword:

204.jpg

OK, I might as well wrte this while the film is fresh on my mind. Revolutions ended about 20 minutes ago.

I am baffled how the Wach Bros can go from making a solid engrossing film like the original and turn the entire trilogy into a parody with the last two parts, especially Revolutions.

I really wanted to like this movie. I liked the second more than most other people, but this third one made it hard to enjoy. I don't know people bitched that it didn't solve anything. Revolutions did close the trilogy, but left too many things unanswered. It's almost as if the Wach Bros didn't know what to do after the complex explanations given in Reloaded, so they just simplified everything or just plain ignored them.

Next time I'll wait till it comes on TBS.

****SPOILERS BELOW****

Some negative points:

1. I felt like I was watching a fucking video game.
2. Morpheus was in the movie for about 15 minutes, and looks like he's ben drinking too much beer when not battling sentinels or spouting his mumbo-jumbo
3. Trinity was in the movie for about 20 minutes, and had about 10 lines.
4. They used a different chick as The Oracle, since the original one died before filming. That's not my complaint. My complaint is the way the Wach Bros decided to use that in the film. Dumb.
5. The little girl was the most annoying kid in a movie this side of Haley Joel Osment in Sixth Sense. Even McCauley Culkin was less annoying.
6. THe fight between Neo and Smith, like mentioned above, was straight out of Superman II, except that Superman II didn't look fake.
7. Monica Bellucci was only in it for 2 minutes, but damn, what a rack. Also, she can't act. She'd do best just letting her tits do the acting.
8. Why did Smith all of a sudden turn into a fucking wimp before his death.
9. If I was one of the rebels, I would have choked The Oracle a long time ago. FUCKING GIVE ANSWERS OR SHUT-UP!
10. The script is awful. All the writer did was intersperse one word questions with a bunch of hullabaloo. Example:
"I need your ship"
"Why?"
"I can't explain it"
"What?"
"Just something I feel?"
"What is it?"
"I can't tell you."
"Why?"
"It's complicated."
"What is?"
"My purpose."
"How is it complicated?"
"It just is"
"Why?"
"Because I feel it"
"How?"
"I just do"
"But how?"
"I just do"
"But how YOU FUCKER!"
UGH!
11. The Merovingian was in it for 2 minutes and you can't understand a damn word. And he gave up too easily.
12. Jada Pinckett might as well have been cardboard with her lines being played from my answering machine. What a wooden actress.

Some positive points:

1. Monica Bellucci's rack.
2. No rave scene.
3. My milk duds were great.
4. I stayed awake.
5. The fight scene in Zion.
6. I rented it at a discount.

Monica Belucci can act, she was great in Malena. Come to think of it though, she didn't have many lines in that movie, but she was still the starring role. Also saw some serious titty in that one, yeah...

General Zod said:
In the simplest terms; when watching "Kill Bill", the fight scenes reminded me of "The Matrix".
Right, because The Matrix was the first film to show people punching and kicking each other. But if those are the only two movies you've ever seen, then I guess it makes total sense.

:loco: