do you listen to music with headphones?

headphones?

• I really don't pay attention to fine details, it's all just cosmic resonance to me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I can honestly say that most of the music I like sounds SO much better on headphones. Sometimes I just make the assumption that everybody else is hearing what I hear on most things (for example, the new Primordial) but then if you're actually only listening to crappy PC speakers, or a little transistor radio tweeter, than I shall stop assuming. :loco:

Joking aside though: headphones vs no headphones = night vs day

Almost only when i go to/return from work, music through headphones makes public transportations seem sympathetic... or more, especially while it's raining or/and you move during the night watching the lights out of the window, the other cars, people etc.

Listening to music with headphones just before sleeping rules, although nowadays that almost never happens.

listening to something on decent headphones makes it such a difference. I agree completely.

I don't listen to music enough.. only rarely do I put on those headphones, but headphones vs speakers definitely is night and day.

I love listening to music on my walks to class on my head phones, but nothing can hold ground to a kick ass home stereo making the pictures on the walls shake!

I tend to use headphones whenever I can; not only because the sound quality is so much better than with loudspeakers, but also because headphones can handle a lot more nuances, which tend to get lost when playing through loudspeakers (unless you have happen to have hi-end $10000 ones) -- it also keeps the neighbors happier

I never ever listen to music on headphones. I've got a decent pair that collect dust.

Plus, my stereo is located in a spot that I can't sit comfortably and listen through a pair of headphones.

I have a surround sound thing set up in my room. I can listen to music from my computer and have a full sound. I also have the option to channel the sound to my primary speakers, which is convenient at night when everyone's asleep.

Honestly, I wish I could listen to music through my headphones almost all the time. This is mostly because (as previously mentioned) I pick up on the little nuances in music much quicker and more fully when hearing music through headphones. Realistically though, I probably listen to more music in my car than anywhere else. I drive long distances (typically by myself) on a pretty constant basis and this gives me lots of free time to blast CD's at extreme volumes. Being enclosed in a small, metal and glass box is a good medium between headphones and stereos I'd say.

Loudspeakers. I find headphones uncomfortable and living alone doesn't help either because with headphones I can't hear the phone, oven, someone breaking in, etc. At work I can't use headphones either because my phone is constantly going off along with other personnel constantly asking for things.

If I'm living with someone, my compromise is retreat to my bedroom or simply resign myself to listening in the car.

for nuances headphones are great ... but for rifferama thrash, death bang your head not really.

the riffing on the new Primordial sounds so much beter on speakers than headphones.

Headphones are for situations where speakers won't do (ie. public transportation, office...). But in any other instance I'd rather have the music flowing freely in the room. I am useless at making out how headphones bring value added in terms of sound quality/clarity as opposed to a stereo anyway, though I understand how they could.

I listen more in the car than in the home, but at home I use headphones because Sennheiser 595 > any stereo I'd be able to afford. I also just got some Senn px100's for portability at school and they are amazing as well, considering they're small portable things.

I don't even have my stereo hooked up , and my laptop speakers are not so hot, so really headphones are the only option anyway, but even with stereo engaged I am more likely to put on headphones.