do you own at least one pink floyd album?

Well, do you?

• Yes

Votes: 52 71.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Lee_B
I don't have anything by them at all. I just don't see what all the fuss is about to be honest. It must be a stoner thing?
I also don't have anything by them and have wondered the same. Some of their stuff is nice sounding but I'd only like it if I was in a certain mood...otherwise it would be somewhat boring. I definitely don't understand why so many fans of metal are obsessed with them but I do recognize their talent.

Maybe it IS a stoner thing..:Smokin:

My gf got into Pink Floyd right away - I've had no luck with Opeth though.. :(

I own Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of the Moon, and got Echoes for xmas last year. I want to buy more, but it's always a money issue right?

Originally posted by Useful Idiot
Some of their stuff is nice sounding but I'd only like it if I was in a certain mood...otherwise it would be somewhat boring. I definitely don't understand why so many fans of metal are obsessed with them but I do recognize their talent.
The most obvious reason for the "boring" thing is that some of their most popular stuff ("Dark Side etc", "Wish You etc" and everything after "The Wall") IS incredibly boring and what's more important, turns many people away from the band. Their real stuff is very different. Try out "Ummagumma" or any of their pre-"Meddle" albums and see for yourself.

My vote is for animals.. great album.

I don't know if many of you here have heard Obscured by Clouds (and I'm too lazy to read through this whole tread) it's great too. I also thoroughly enjoy the second and third albums (whatever they are called).

Satori

Yes, in fact I have all the albums from
"the Piper at the Gates of Dawn" to "the Division Bell"

You gotta have em on vinyl though, I mean, they are seventies.
All I can say is roll a joint, light it, and play
Atom Heart Mother or Echoes, that'll get you into the Pink.

Yeah sure!! I love Floyd ....
I own Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall.... love them both!!!