Do you still listen to Watershed?

I still listen to it, but not much though. I mostly listen to BWP or Deliverance atm. But it's a kick ass album, and Heir Apparent and The Lotus Eater is my favourites from it. Not a weak album at all.

At first I listened to Watershed almost daily for a while. Lately, it's more like once or twice a week. That's actually pretty good, considering that I have way too many CDs and I've already played Watershed a lot. I still really like this album a lot.

I still listen to Watershed quite a bit. IMO, it's up there with BWP and SL. Better than Deliverance/Damnation, GR and MAYH. It has such a fresh sound for Opeth, and as a musician, I dare say they sound tighter than ever with the new line-up on this album and live (not to knock Lopez or Lindgren).

IMO.

Sometimes, I listened to it quite alot when it first came out, but now i'm giving it a bit of a break

I have yet to get it, though Opeth is my favorite band. Reason for this, is I remember my first concert with them I went to 3/4 years ago; I had just started to listen to Opeth at that time so did not hear/know all of their songs yet. The experience I felt listening to When, Face of Melinda, and especially Demon of the Fall for the<b> first</b> time -Live- was beyond words. I have been to 3 concerts with them since then, but I have always knew all the songs so was never able to repeat that same type experience. Now I have the chance, so I have not listened to anything off their new record (and damn, it has been killing me!) except Porcelain heart (since that one has been hard to avoid w/the vid). Come mid October I go to their concert and am hoping I am pleasantly surprised! And then finally will I get the cd...

No...when i spoke to a lot of people @ their Brisbane show in Australia people seemed to be quite unanimous that Watershed is definitely forgettable.

I hope their next effort is more reminiscent of their earlier stuff.

I have yet to get it, though Opeth is my favorite band. Reason for this, is I remember my first concert with them I went to 3/4 years ago; I had just started to listen to Opeth at that time so did not hear/know all of their songs yet. The experience I felt listening to When, Face of Melinda, and especially Demon of the Fall for the<b> first</b> time -Live- was beyond words. I have been to 3 concerts with them since then, but I have always knew all the songs so was never able to repeat that same type experience. Now I have the chance, so I have not listened to anything off their new record (and damn, it has been killing me!) except Porcelain heart (since that one has been hard to avoid w/the vid). Come mid October I go to their concert and am hoping I am pleasantly surprised! And then finally will I get the cd...

I've got to admire your patience! Hope you're able to re-capture that feeling from a few years back. Heir Apparent and The Lotus Eater shouldn't make you disappointed.

i listen to watershed, unconsciously, twice in a week, i wouldn't go so far as to call it an Opeth classic, but it's definitely the album of the year...well, one among the top 5 albums of the year

No...when i spoke to a lot of people @ their Brisbane show in Australia people seemed to be quite unanimous that Watershed is definitely forgettable.

Forgettable? No Opeth record is forgettable. Some may be weaker -Deliverance-, but even on their lamest albums they manage to get some really kickass songs good enough to keep you hooked in.

And an album reminiscent of their earlier stuff would be stupid/outdated, since the band is moving further from their death metal roots into a more progressive sound -which I really like, by the way.

If old Opeth fans used to love them because they were a weird-long song-acoustic bits-death metal band, can't blame them for hating the direction they are going on their last releases. I, on the other hand, am more interested on the progressive side of their music, that's why GR and Watershed are two of their best works imo.

It is definately a great record it has nice songs in it.But it is much more close to progressive rock then death metal compared to other albums so it lacks the brutality of other albums.So this makes my interest to album lower than albums like MAYH or Deliverance for example.I think Ghost Reveries was the perfect mix of this style and that style.But nevertheless it is a great album if I listen 5 Opeth songs a day 1 is from Watershed.It is an " Opeth Album " anyway.

I do spin it on occasion. I played it shit loads when it came out like all the previous albums. Though I don't really find any desire to listen to PH. I do listen to the first 4 songs and Hessian still on a regular basis. The album as a whole however doesn't get a huge amount of attention atm. But I need a nice long break from it now the honeymoon period is over.

It's pretty cool that you have the patience to do that. Also, if they sell the CD at the concert and you buy it there, the band probably gets a bigger profit from it.

It won't be. The band evolves, and in a forward direction... not back. The fans will either evolve and come along for the ride, or they will drop off to enjoy the records that they love to listen to for eternity. I believe the spots left by those who chose to leave the journey will be filled by new fans who are more attuned the band's current location on the path. Perhaps Watershed was just your stop.

Watershed is a great record - I consider it second best to BWP songs like "Hessian Peel" and "Burden" are sublimely good.... hmm maybe i'd rate MAYH second best - but regardless I think its one of their best records.

I'm of 2 minds, watershed is good, don't get me wrong. But I can't help but think about changes that in my opinion would make the album overally better ie. ( few heavier songs, make porcelain heart acoustic track, throw in derelict herds)