Do you think Awake was the last good disc of DT?

Awake: The last good disc??

• Yes

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 35 47.3%
  • I still like DT

Votes: 29 39.2%

• Total voters
Labrae sucks singing in lower registers. He sounds cheesey. He should stick to the high notes like awake and images and words. His high register is the best out of any metal singer in my opinion

It just doesnt get any better than on metropolis part I 'swimming in a lake of fire' onwards

I really can't take very much of Dream Theater. They're good but Images And Words is the only album I really like, Scenes is pretty good but it doesn't do much for me, the only great songs are The Dance Of Eternity and Home.

As far as their MUSICIANSHIP goes, however, I really admire them. And most of the time I just listen to them for Petrucci because I'm a guitarist myself, but generally when I listen to music I do it for the MUSIC, and that's why DT never lasts very long in my CD player. They've got loads of talent but I really don't like a lot of the stuff they've done.

Symphony X > Dream Theater, no contest, by the way.

Dream Theater is my favorite band and I love every album theyve put out. I think ToT is one of the best DT albums. JR and JL are the highlights. Listen to SoC...how can you not love those keys? And, JL's singing on the outro of ES is breathtaking. So, to answer your question, no. Awake was the third great album, second unbelieveable album, and it sure wasn't the last.

I actually like FII, including 'you not me'. It's not as much of a prog album, more of a just a rock album. Nobody overplays on that album.
Scenes is my favorite, followed by I&W. Then Awake, although I think that album is overrated. I can't stand 6 degrees and have only heard 'As I am' from the new one, and I hated it. WDaDU could be pretty cool if it had better production, despite those horrible vocals. ACoS is a great song that would have been great with the FII album. For the most part though, I have given up on them with the new stuff.

I also think that Infinity is a solid album, despite the band's dissastisfaction with it and a few bad songs. And the two longer tracks rule all. The fact that it hasn't even been mentioned in this thread so far shows that over time DT fans have seen that it does logically fit into their catalogue.

Hey, I like everything that DT has put out. In fact, I guess I'm an oddball in that I feel that Awake is only their fourth best album. =/ I just enjoy SFAM, TOT, and IAW much better. I feel Awake is often overrated. Not that it's bad, but I certainly don't feel it's the best.

I've been getting positive feedback about the fish for a while.

Your reaction only adds to my fancy. I thank thee.

Hi!

I definitely like all of their CDs. Every single one has it's own magic and I prefer Bands that evolve (sometimes by loosing something loved) better than bands that stay the same from album to album.

Kounter (Point) Kosh

I think every dt album was god (apart from falling, that was so commercial), they are very very good musicians, the problem for me is that I don't like 'em.
I think images and words are very good albums, most heavy.
I imagine that, with the time they become just like JASSMUSICIANS, just let the people see what they can do.
This cos the last album is great played but, for me, just this.