Do you think there's any hope for Iced Earth?

RIDE ON! GRAB ON! STORMRIDER!
There's no excuse for writing retarded lyrics that don't make a shred of sense when you're trying to create a concept album and english is your first language.

But also the music of that album is pretty meh.
Something Wicked This Way Come is a solid album though. The last 3 are great and a couple others (burning times, melancholy, my own savior) are pretty badass. Some real crap there, though; reaping stone, stand alone, consequences. disciples of the lie. Consequences produced nausea, actually.
But the lyrics all make sense. And some of my favorite riffs are off of NotSR.

I'm with Omni on this one. And mL, someone made an accusation a while back that I'm beginning to think is true. As far as I can tell you listen to like 5 bands.
Lesse...
Iced Earth
Testament
Morbid Angel (?)
Atheist
wait...that's 4.
Seriously. You need to branch out a bit.

RIDE ON! GRAB ON! STORMRIDER!
There's no excuse for writing retarded lyrics that don't make a shred of sense when you're trying to create a concept album and english is your first language.
So the song can't have a cool chorus? WTF?
And even doubly so for the people who love SWTWC. The flow on that album is so bad with the half-assed ballads it's just about impossible to listen to before the last 3 songs.

The flow on something wicked is obnoxious. Fast song - ballad - fast song - ballad.
But some (some) of the songs are good.
I enjoyed Alive in Athens as well. But I didn't listen closely, just put it on.

I'm with Omni on this one. And mL, someone made an accusation a while back that I'm beginning to think is true. As far as I can tell you listen to like 5 bands.
Lesse...
Iced Earth
Testament
Morbid Angel (?)
Atheist
wait...that's 4.
Seriously. You need to branch out a bit.

I do. I'm even branching out a bit more now that I have the money.

Manowar! The fifth band.
Okay.
Why don't you start by actually getting stuff recommended to you in the recs thread?

The flow on something wicked is obnoxious. Fast song - ballad - fast song - ballad.
But some (some) of the songs are good.
I enjoyed Alive in Athens as well. But I didn't listen closely, just put it on.

Alive in Athens kicks ass! It's my favorite IE album even though it's not a studio effort.