Do you wear an Opeth shirt to an Opeth show?

soundave

Oct 13, 2005
MA
I always thought it was hilarious in the movie PCU when Jeremy Piven's character tells a dude, "What's this? You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy."

Or is it like going to a sporting event, when you wear your colors to support the team?

What do you think? Are you "that guy"?

I'm wearing my 'for absent friends' tour shirt tonight.

I'm also planning to get a new opeth shirt, and a nevermore shirt as well hopefully.

The one and only time I was 'that guy' was a couple of weeks ago when I wore my NIN The Spiral club t-shirt when I saw them in San Antonio. Other than that, I have never worn the bands shirt to a show and never will. Except for the same t-shirt at another NIN show because sometimes the security is told to allow Spiral members special access if they're wearing the shirt.

I'm not that guy either...I like to distinguish myself from the rest of the crowd when I go to concerts. I just saw Opeth in Lawrence monday night and I wore a TOOL shirt....but my Opeth Lamentations Across America shirt is my official T-shirt for any other concert that's not Opeth.

I remember someone starting a thread about getting noticed for wearing OPETH shirts and YES i do very much so....to every concert I go. I just went to Champagin Illinoise to watch one of my fav bands have a reunion show, HUM, i'm sure no one hear knows of them, but anyway I was wearing an Opeth shirt and met lots of great friends into all the same music cause of that shirt. One guy who drove from Nebrask to see HUM was a big Opeth fan as well and he drove to Lawrence as we did to see OPETH!

Yeah. I agree ^^^^

Iron Maiden is notorious for this. I always felt a little embarassed for them.

soundave said:
Hum, as in "Stars" Hum?
yep that'd be the HUM your thinking of....they're fucking awesome one of my favorite bands....I don't like to just limit myself to the metal genre....space rock is awesome too!

HUM
Failure
Year of the Rabbit
Autolux
(half of) Marilyn Manson's Mechanical Animals (the other half sucks imo)
Golden Buddha
and a couple of more bands!