Do you wear an Opeth shirt to an Opeth show?

CAIRATH said:
I think it's far weirder when band members wear their own band shirts.
I saw Mike in a photo once where before or after the gig he had on an Opeth hoodie!

yeah, and lopez too, i saw em both wearing the D1 hoodie, which i bought too.

come to think of it, i'd laugh if a newb approached one of the guys when they were back home, seeing them wearing an opeth shirt/hoodie, and said, oh man you like opeth? me too, they kick ass. :erk:

I have been wearing Bloodbath shirts to Opeth gigs for the last few years.

Before the first Bloodbath shirt was printed, it was probably my old, grey and forever shrinking Morningrise longsleeve. The ones I wear are usually connected, but not always. Depends what mood I am in.

ROIO, I fucking love your little video signature. Seeing Mendez and Mikeal hangbang like that at the same time is truly beautiful. Hehe.

By the way, this is one dumb-ass idea of a thread topic.

Mumblefood said:
I never wear the shirt of the band i am seeing. Usually i wear my Green Carnation - LOD, DOD longsleeve, since i'm like the only person with one. haha

Hey, you like Green Carnation! One of my favorite bands which hardly anyone else has even heard of. Rock on dude :headbang: :D

In my opinion, I like to show the "dual" support of the band by 1-being there and 2-wearing their logo if I have it. It's no different then a sporting event, where most people wear the logo of the team they are rooting for. So I guess when I wear my black Opeth hoodie Sunday, it will represent my support for the band. (in addition to buying the concert ticket and their CD's).

soundave said:
I always thought it was hilarious in the movie PCU when Jeremy Piven's character tells a dude, "What's this? You're wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy."

Or is it like going to a sporting event, when you wear your colors to support the team?

What do you think? Are you "that guy"?
i'm never the guy. i don't even wear band shirts.

wearing a band shirt supports the band, but there's a good chance that everyone there already knows or they wouldn't have tickets! i wear band shirts in public and at my own gigs, but at a concert i wear my surf stuff, or a leather jacket

Ironically a friend made this joke to me last night, haha! I go to ALOT of concerts, but some bands are more revered than others. Opeth of course is one of them, so they will get the special "shirt" treatment, so to speak. Oh yeah, and HUM ruled. I have to put my cd on now reading their name again. Downward is Heavenward! Cheers!

Don't usually wear the band's shirt to the show. Have before, I suppose. I wonder why anyone cares whether someone else does or not. If I buy a shirt at the show, I'll pull it on over what I have on rather than carry it (interferes with beer carrying) or walk back to the car with it.

i wear the band shirt when i go to a festival show... esp. if i am not into the other bands... also helps to meet the right folks... so, like at SOTU, i wore my opeth shirt...
but usually i will wear something else to the show, tho' it's totally understandable to wear the shirt you buy... in fact, might do that on sunday at opeth since it'll be warm enough to go into the venue w/o a jacket and with a tank on (i'm a girl) and i sure as shit am not carrying in a purse.
see ya on sunday!

I always wear the shirt, but yes it would be weird to see Peter or Martin wearing an Opeth shirt or something...

Here's the order of preference for shirt wearing.

1. Wear a really old band shirt, such as a Morningrise or MAYH shirt. This shows that you're not a noob, and have supported the band for a long time.

2. Wear a side project shirt or something related. (Wearing Opeth to see Porcupine Tree). Shows you have some knowledge.

3. Wear an awesome looking shirt, or something by a universally awesome band. (Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse shirt, etc.)

3. Wear one of the bands more recent shirts. (BWP shirt) This is on par with the last one. I'd say if you're seeing one of your absolute favorite bands, wear their shirt, if it's someone less important, wear some other metal shirt.

4. Wearing a shirt you bought at the show. If you don't want to carry one around, then buy it at the end. (Unless you're a medium, because they only have like 10 mediums at each show.) Nothing says noob like wearing the newest shirt. Unless it's really cool. But the GR shirts aren't that cool.

I suppose this is a very shallow way to evaluate the situation, but I think you can tell a lot about someone from what kind of shirt they wear to a show.

Of course there are people who don't give a shit and don't pay attention to these things. These guidelines aren't for them. But I think this is a rather good way of looking at things. You can usually tell what kind of crowd you're dealing with, and whether a band's fans are smart, or morons. I remember seeing In Flames a few years ago, and like 50% of the crowd was wearing the same stupid IF shirt.

Whatever, don't take me too seriously here.