Do you wear an Opeth shirt to an Opeth show?

I really only know "Stars". It sounded so much like one of the bands my band sometimes played with in college that I had to see if they had finally made it. Needless to say, it wasn't them. When I was doing sound for an indie movie, the director used to blast Hum on the way to the locations. He was from Chicago and had done sound for them at a few shows.

Saw YOTR with A Perfect Circle. Good show. Saw a few Opeth shirts in the crowd that night.

soundave said:
I really only know "Stars". It sounded so much like one of the bands my band sometimes played with in college that I had to see if they had finally made it. Needless to say, it wasn't them. When I was doing sound for an indie movie, the director used to blast Hum on the way to the locations. He was from Chicago and had done sound for them at a few shows.

Saw YOTR with A Perfect Circle. Good show. Saw a few Opeth shirts in the crowd that night.
that's cool I would have liked to have seen Year of the Rabbit as the opener when I saw them instead of Mars Volta....you should definatley check out these albums

HUM - You'd Prefer an Astronaut
Failure - Fantastic Planet

i always thought it was rule #1 not to wear a shirt of the band you're seeing... so i dont ever do it lol I have enough band shirts to go around anyway

But i don't really have a problem with people wearing an opeth shirt to an opeth show :-| Maybe it depends on the band :lol:

I wear other bands shirts when I go... like when I saw Opeth, I wore an Into Eternity T-shirt(this was before they were on tour with Opeth)... sometimes it's pretty fucking cool when another band member has the same t-shirt you have on. Mikael was wearing a "High on Fire" t-shirt when he was in Seattle...

Mumblefood said:
I never wear the shirt of the band i am seeing. Usually i wear my Green Carnation - LOD, DOD longsleeve, since i'm like the only person with one. haha

long sleeve shirts fail, especially at a hot concert where you get sweaty and sticky. shorts + t-shirt to every gig for me.

Hmm... the last time I went to an Opeth show, I think I actually wore a black longsleeve (It's cold in Sweden) with a tiny logo of the company I work for in the back (hardly even noticable though, since it's so small). I rarely wear a shirt with the bands logo that I'm gonna watch to a concert. For example, the last two times I went to an Iron Maiden concert (yes, I do like to watch them live), I wore a Napalm Death and a Bathory shirt.

I have a black zip up hoodie. On the back, I got someone to sew on the Opeth - Look Your Last Upon The Sun back patch. It's pretty big, takes up my whole back. I wore it to the SF show.

I have a Black Water Park shirt that I don't wear because its way too large.

I wear Opeth shirts to every show I see. The reason is because I think they're better than any band I've ever heard.