Does anyone dislike Warrel's singing?

LadyValerie said:
I don't think it's fair to hate growlers, however, hating growling is fine. And of course it's not singing =P that's why it's called growling :Spin:

"C is for cookie" and cookies good for me...
sound familiar? sing along now with the little guy
in the fuzzy blue suit...
F'n growlers!

My sister hates absolutely everything I listen to. Yet once I had Nevermore on in the car with her, and while she hated the music, she likes Warrel's vocals because she thinks he sounds like the guy from Rent. Go figure.

Well, I've been listening to Nevermore a lot lately and the vocals are definately sounding better and better to me every day. I do dislike some of his note choices, like on 'Final Product'.

He sings

The me-di-a loves the la-test tra-gic su-ic-ide
G G G G G G F# F# F# F# F# E E

And for some reason I think the E note should be an Eb.. I guess i'm being a retarded nitpicker but it just sounds weird to me.

Shit.. the notes didn't line up

GhostOfPerdition said:
I've just been getting into Nevermore and I really love the band, and "This Godless Endeavor" is easily one of the best albums of the year. I have only one problem with the band - the singing. I know Warrel is talented, but I just can't stand his voice. Is there anyone out there who loves Nevermore like me but hates Warrel's singing?[/QUOT Yes.

GhostOfPerdition said:
Yeah, it's true that Warrel gives Nevermore it's unique sound but when you hear the intro to "The Psalm of Lydia" kick in or "Ambivalent" you expect some crazy ass growling or something.. maybe it's just that i'm not used to it, so the unexpected vocals are weird to me.

Sounds like your looking to listen to another Opeth type band.
I cant really listen to bands if I dont like the vocals, and I think Warrels voice is amazingly talented.