Does anyone know of an easy way to see what's going on in Europe this summer?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I'm going to be in London this July (with an open week between July 16th to the 20th). Anyone know of what's going on in Europe that week?

I remember seeing a site once which listed all the music fests for the summer, all in one convenient webpage, but I don't remember what that was.

Otherwise, post chicks in thongs or something. :loco:

Try this link. It should help you out.

http://www.metaltravelguide.com/mtg/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,50/index.php

It looks like the following are going on that time. They have links to the festival websites on the site.

Metal Camp 7/17-7/21 Tolmin, Slovenia
Earthshaker Fest 7/19-7/21 Germany
Hells Pleasure 7/20-77/21 Germany
Metal Healing Festival 7/20-7/22 Greece Stavroupoli / Xanthi
Rock auf dem Berg 7/20-7/21 Pobershau, Germany
Amphi Festival / Orkus Open Air 7/21-7/20 Köln (Cologne), Germany

nicole3.jpg

Lethal will play with Satyricon, Dream Evil, Entombed etc as support in two weeks

Reactions: Henrik Main
Awesome, Mike!

Is that Erik dude ever still involved in any Lethal-related business?

Involved: yes
Actual band member: kinda no

He's written at least one song that will be on the album and has done guest geetars and vocals every now and then even since he moved to Piteå, as well as being the sound guy for the latest recording session, and he'll move back to Umeå the same weekend as that gig...

I was looking around myself what was going on this summer festival-wise earlier today. Wikipedia is useful because there's plenty of info about each festival (previous line-ups etc.) - metal festivals & festivals by country. Bloodstock festival is on early July by the way, although before your "open week".

For a UK gig guide, I use the Terrorizer site, although I'm sure there's better resources available. I just haven't looked. It's a bit early to be looking for July time though.

Try this link. It should help you out.

http://www.metaltravelguide.com/mtg/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,50/index.php

It looks like the following are going on that time. They have links to the festival websites on the site.

Metal Camp 7/17-7/21 Tolmin, Slovenia
Earthshaker Fest 7/19-7/21 Germany
Hells Pleasure 7/20-77/21 Germany
Metal Healing Festival 7/20-7/22 Greece Stavroupoli / Xanthi
Rock auf dem Berg 7/20-7/21 Pobershau, Germany
Amphi Festival / Orkus Open Air 7/21-7/20 Köln (Cologne), Germany

Brian, not only have you given me the website I needed, you even listed those fests that coincide with my dates. You are seriously a good man.

:headbang:

rep points coming your way!!

Looking at these sites, how many fucking metal festivals do Germany need?! What a great place to live!

So Mike, is that a festival your playing? That's one helluva lineup withjust Satyricon and Entombed you've listed!

It is, complete lineup as follows:

Satyricon
Soilwork
Hardcore Superstar
Entombed
Savage Circus
Pain
Heed
Enter The Hunt
Freak Kitchen
Hellfueled
Assailant
Dream Evil
Persuader
Lesra
Final Crap
Destynation
Live Elephant
6:th Awakening
Taedeat
My Own Grave
Apostasy
Lethal
Daemonicus

...thus making the crap/great reatio horrible. Even the best of those actually have little hell mike drawing power to be honest (save lethal of course, probably the band with most hell mike drawing power ever, never missed one of their gigs ever)

Official website: www.houseofmetal.se
There's no info on Lethal despite me sending it to Jens ages ago, methinks he's a lazy bastard but at least he agreed that they had too little öld terror on there

Brian, not only have you given me the website I needed, you even listed those fests that coincide with my dates. You are seriously a good man.

No problem. Slow day at work. I had time to look up the shows (not that it took a long time).

What an awesome site :kickass:

Yes it is. I lost the url once and it took me forever to find it again. Kept thinking it had a different name.

Just for the record, first time France has a really good festival going on at Clisson, some big names here :

SLAYER / KORN / DREAM THEATER / MEGADETH
MACHINE HEAD / TYPE O NEGATIVE / WITHIN TEMPTATION
EMPEROR / NEUROSIS / IMMORTAL / CHILDREN OF BODOM
HATEBREED / BLIND GUARDIAN / KREATOR / THERION / MASTODON
CANNIBAL CORPSE / MAYHEM / MOONSPELL / EDGUY / VADER
BLOOD SIMPLE / PAIN OF SALVATION /CONVERGE / CHIMAIRA / BRUJERIA
LAMB OF GOD / ATHEIST / NAPALM DEATH / EARTH CRISIS
EPICA / DARK TRANQUILITY / AMON AMARTH / CYNIC
AFTER FOREVER / BEHEMOTH / ABORTED / UNEARTH / WALLS OF JERICHO / KORPIKLAANI
KICKBACK / COLDWORKER / 1349 / MISERY INDEX
SCARVE / THE ARRS / SECRETS OF THE MOON / SWORN ENEMY
MUMAKIL / LYZANXIA / DEW SCENTED / EPHEL DUATH / SALEM / HEAVENLY / MANIGANCE
INTERLOCK / ANIMOSITY / ORTHODOX / KAIZEN / PRIMAL AGE / FUBAR / FURIA / THE SET UP
ELLIPSIS / MOHO / MISTAKEN ELEMENT / HACRIDE / HOMESTELL / SLIT / GUTWORM / ZERO MENTALITY
DOWNFALL / UFYCH SORMEER / DYLATH LEEN / TROMATIZED YOUTH / IMPUREZA / IMPLY IN ALL / DESTINITY