Does some here like Pain?

I had never heard Pain before, but last week I went apeshit and found all three Pain CDs. So far I have received the s/t and Nothing Remains the Same, I like them, not quite what I was expecting. Sort of weird not hearing complex riffs and majestic guitar solos out of Peter, but I do really like it. I'll take Hypocrisy over it 9 times out of 10, but I could say that about most groups I listen to. :lol:

I've only heard the single "shut your mouth" and liked it enough to download it!

I remember watching this lame show we got in Canada called Loud, which supposedly plays metal (rarely), and I saw this video, and I'm like "who the fuck is THAT? I'm sure I've seen that guy before... looks like he's from some Swedish metal band. Nah, he doesn't sound Swedish..." Sure enough, I went and checked my Total War CD (well, mine's only called War, but I hear they're called Total War now) and lo'and behold it was Peter. Fuck, I had to check twice judging from the complete difference in musical sound and ideology, but I still like Pain. If I ever see it at the store, I'd pick it up.

I truly love Pain. All 3 albums are so different but so great. I got the first album at Wacken this summer, second hand. The others I already had.
I was lucky enough to meet Peter twice this year! And help him party!
And I hope to do so again.
I really love Pain so much I have the logo tattooed upon my person!

yeah! pain is AWESOME!!! i love those songs!! every one! everytime when i hear the songs, then later i got the melodies in my head 4 the rest of the day! awesome! i only got "nothing remains the same" but my friend is going to buy me the "rebirth"album 4 xmas! ;)

PAIN is GREAT!!! I'm really addicted to this music! o_O
I have all 3 albums, I love EVERY song of Rebirth and NRTS, the first album is not sooo good, I mean the songs have much potenial, but they are not well produced, perhaps Peter should
remix them.

As much as I love Hypocrisy, I never cared about Pain... it's just too pop sounding, I guess it was meant to be.. I don't think someone who hears Pain before Hypocrisy will become a Hypocrisy fan right away. Well, the first Pain had more attitude, the rest is very good music-wise, but it's not metal..

:) :cool: ;) i went and saw pain the other week. they played with in flames and soilwork at the mean fiddler in london, england. And MY GOD!!! they were SOOOO good! shit! they rocked! they played nearly all of nothing remains the same, a couple of songs from rebirth (i fink, i cant remember...damned alcohol):confused: but nothing from the first album. I even met Peter after they played, in the interval between Pain and soilwork. He was so noce, he signed all my stuff and we had a well nice talk for ages about other bands and shit like that. What an amazing person. He is so down to earth.

Pain are an amazing band, anyone who likes Hypocrisy or anything like that will LOVE them. They have such an immense sound. Damn.....:cool: ....phew....im done now. lol.

I love Pain! I have 'Rebirth' and 'Nothing Remains The Same', but not the self-titled album. I've been looking for it everywhere.

I saw Pain support Soilwork and In Flames in London, England this year, but due to queueing, I only managed to hear 'End Of The Line' and 'Shut Your Mouth'.
As soon as I saw Peter, I was like 'oh shit!' I was starstruck. :lol:

I wish i'd gotten to see more of their set though.. it would have ruled \m/

I was FINALLY able to find the first Pain cd last week. I really, really, really like it. It is a bit different from the other two. Not quite so industrialized. More like Pain meets Hypocrisy because the cd is a LOT heavier. Great stuff! If you want this cd (which took me FOREVER to find), you can order it through Century Media Records in L.A. If you want more info, let me know.

I so wish I could've seen them play live, though. You guys that have been able to are so lucky!

Yeah I really like the first Pain CD, it yes it does sound more like Hypocrisy than future Pain CDs. I found mine used on Amazon.com.

The first album is pretty metal. A few songs from the other two albums are metal.

Pain doesn't sound like Aqua, jeezus you need to have your hearing checked! :p

Any Hypocrisy fan may appreciate Pain (like I do) but trust me, there is about 0% similarity between the two.

I like all the music made by Peter T.
(I like catch 22 the least.....)
I haven't heard to much from the Abyss though.