Don't be fucking pussies....

Opeth17 said:
Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Decapitated, Vital Remains, Immolation, Mithras, Obituary, Suffocation, Vehemence, Monstrosity, Krisiun and Hate Eternal are all on the list along with bands like Morbid Angel, Nile and Cryptopsy that I already have cds by but still want more cds by.
That's a nice list, especially Suffo, Nile and Obituary. I've never been a Glen Benton fan, so I've never really like Deicide.

You will also probably like The Chasm, who shift from pretty pummeling to melody (not melo-death) in a heartbeat. Good stuff.

I still need to hear Decapitated.

I haven't been able to pick up a The Chasm release.
But they're coming here this May, along with Destroyer 666...eh, and some other bands. I dunno. They're coming though. So I'm going to check 'em out there and perhaps pick up a CD or two.

Nile, Gorgasm, Morbid Angel, Cryptopsy, Hate Eternal, Krisiun are some of my favorites.

I haven't heard Suffocation. Or Incantation. :erk:

Opeth17 said:
I'll definately check out The Chasm. Blood Red Throne is a band I've been meaning to check out as well, so I'll look into them too and see if I like it.
I have The Chasm's "Deatcult for Eternity" and Blood Red Throne's "Affiliated with Suffering", and I never listen to either. Just couldn't get into them and both CDs just remind me that I need to make a new trade/sale list.

Based on your 'wanted' list, you might be more impressed with stuff like Incantation ("Blasphemy") and Suffocation ("Pierced from Within"). Check out some Vader too, and of course, the last Vital Remains was a big hit here with some of us at RC.

You didn't list them, but I would HIGHLY recommend Pestillence (Testimony to the Ancients) and Entombed (Left Hand Path & Clandestine). The Pestilence album is probably my fave DM record ever. I wish I had more like it.

Deathcult for Eternity is The Chasm's worst. Never could get into Entombed. I still need to hear Pestilence, especially the stuff with Asphyx vocalist Van Drunen.

Dreamlord said:
Deathcult for Eternity is The Chasm's worst. Never could get into Entombed. I still need to hear Pestilence, especially the stuff with Asphyx vocalist Van Drunen.

Actually, "Procreation Of The Inner Temple" is The Chasm's worst. Take it you haven't heard it?

And dude, you seriously need to get Pestilence's "Consuming Impulse."

A fucking landmark release.

Papa Josh said:
Actually, "Procreation Of The Inner Temple" is The Chasm's worst. Take it you haven't heard it?

And dude, you seriously need to get Pestilence's "Consuming Impulse."

A fucking landmark release.
Yeah, I have all of The Chasm's releases, but the music on Procreation is better than Deathcult. The only reason Procreation gets a bad rap is because of the shit production.

Yeah, I've been meaning to get Pestilence ever since you told me Van Drunen was on vocals. What can I say? I pace myself I guess. I'll get it.

JayKeeley said:
I have The Chasm's "Deatcult for Eternity" and Blood Red Throne's "Affiliated with Suffering", and I never listen to either. Just couldn't get into them and both CDs just remind me that I need to make a new trade/sale list.

Based on your 'wanted' list, you might be more impressed with stuff like Incantation ("Blasphemy") and Suffocation ("Pierced from Within"). Check out some Vader too, and of course, the last Vital Remains was a big hit here with some of us at RC.

You didn't list them, but I would HIGHLY recommend Pestillence (Testimony to the Ancients) and Entombed (Left Hand Path & Clandestine). The Pestilence album is probably my fave DM record ever. I wish I had more like it.

The Chasm album I was thinking about picking up was "Procession to the Underworld." Any thoughts on that one? And as for Blood Red Throne I was thinking about picking up "Affiliated with the Suffering." Any second opinions on it or is their first album "Monument of Death" any better? Those are the two bands I haven't heard much of so any opinions are helpful. Suffocation's "Pierced from Within" and "Effigy of the Forgotten" are both on my list and so is Vital Remains "Dechristianize" as well as some Vader. In the meantime I'll check out Pestilence, Incantation and Entombed.

Opeth17 said:
And as for Blood Red Throne I was thinking about picking up "Affiliated with the Suffering." Any second opinions on it or is their first album "Monument of Death" any better? .
Check the thread "Top 10 for the rest of us" - I bumped it for you. bloodfiredeath may be your best bet - try PM'ing the guy.

Procession to the Infraworld is one of The Chasm's best.

I bought Monument of Death when it came out, and thought it was very generic. Nothing sets the band apart.