Albums that most of us probably haven;t heard of that KICK FUCKING ASS!

henrikmain [b said:
Vesania[/b] - Firefrost Arcanum: "In The Nightside Eclipse"-era Emperor meets Behemoth. Epic brilliance from Poland.

Interrresting... will check it out

I'll take this oppurtunity to recomend Siebenbürgen's debut album Loreia. It has a vampire gimmick that tends to get a bit cheesy at times but it really gives a dark and "medival feeling" with female chants and most fitting raspy vocals. The songs are slow and somber with folky riffs; perfect autumn music if you ask me.

I'll second the Depressive Age and Attention Deficit recommendations, two great bands that taste great together.... er... just two great bands (damn commercials!!). Anyone who hasn't heard it should find Depressive Age "Companero Song". That song just plain rules. For Attention Deficit, "Unclear: Innarticulate Thoughts" is a great one.

black metal from greece.
REALLY great bands. check asap.

NOCTERNITY.
their first album "onyx" is awesome.earlyburzum-like sound.kind of.

END.
mixing darkthrone,taake,carpathian forest.they have released 2 albums.I and II.pretty inspired.

RAVENCULT.
old-school black.cant think of a better new bm band.
www.ravencult.tk

uhm these 2 songs are gonna be released in a great gatefold 7'' ep in a couple of days.
the first link doesnt work.check the second song.

Transmission0 - 0
Kind of a Cult of Luna/Neurosis/early Isis mixed w/ Pink Floyd's A Momentary Lapse of Reason with some Kid A style interludes.

The Amenta - Occasus
Death metal w/ some atmospheric sampling and keys give this album kind of a post-apocalyptic feel.

matt99_crew said:
Transmission0 - 0
Kind of a Cult of Luna/Neurosis/early Isis mixed w/ Pink Floyd's A Momentary Lapse of Reason with some Kid A style interludes.
Somewhere NAD is screaming "sold!"....but then realizes I handed him a promo of this when we were in NYC. :cool:

*heart attack*

Because yes, when I read that description last night I WAS thinking that!

JayKeeley said:
Somewhere NAD is screaming "sold!"....but then realizes I handed him a promo of this when we were in NYC. :cool:
So did it not strike you the same way, or haven't you gotten around to it yet?

matt99_crew said:
So did it not strike you the same way, or haven't you gotten around to it yet?
Heh, I didn't even know I had the fucker til JayK reminded me! :tickled:

symposium_lexotanil said:
black metal from greece.
REALLY great bands. check asap.

END.
mixing darkthrone,taake,carpathian forest.they have released 2 albums.I and II.pretty inspired.

RAVENCULT.
old-school black.cant think of a better new bm band.
www.ravencult.tk
I have been trying to track these two down for a couple weeks. I think I saw them both at Dark Horizons Records the other day when I was looking through the catalog. Good deal!

MEZZROW
A Swedish thrash band, released a few demos and then an album in 1990 called Then Came the Killing, check it out. I wasn't sure if I should post this because I wasn't sure if they kicked ass until just now. They've listened to Testament more than once. Not much innovation or new stuff, just great thrash

CHAINSAW
www.chainsaw.nl (I think), check the website out and I will be very disappointed if you haven't erdered the album within a week.

I'll still stand by my praise of Winterhawk. Especially the live album There And Back Again. Just classic late 70's huge, epic, guitar-slingin quality hard rock. The way I like it.