Don't be fucking pussies....

It's fucking GREAT. I listened to the whole album a few times last week and it's almost as good as Onward to Golgotha. Holy shit, it's good.

This thread is dumb because I've seen Morbid Angel and Obituary called brutal death metal within. False and lieing.

yeah, that's why I consider BT in the brutal category, because some of their albums are essentially grind/death metal, especially the first couple.

I may be crossing the brutal death metal tag here, but Akercocke are pretty damn pummeling.

The Chasm are on the line. They incorporate some melody, at times. Then other times they can be quite the brutal noise mongers.

What about Napalm Death?

And I've always considered grind bands to basically be brutal death metal bands. Bands like Cephalic Carnage, Brutal Truth, and The Red Chord really could be considered brutal death, as least musically.

Lol at all of us trying to figure out what's Brutal Death Metal. Was it not so defined as it's own sub-sub-genre back then?

Obituary is an interesting breed.

On one hand they were always good and heavy. However, they can get repetitive, and the well known fact that the singer never sang any real lyrics.. until "World Demise"....

To this day Obituary's lyrics make no sense and seem to be random words to fit the song. I dig it.

That's f'ing ridiculous. Is that true? Man, that takes away a lot for me thinking that this guy just showed up to scream arbitrarily into a microphone and then leave for the day.

Some people think this is what Lord Worm did on None So Vile and then wrote lyrics later. Not sure if that's true. May be more common in Death Metal than we think. :lol:

Lol at all of us trying to figure out what's Brutal Death Metal. Was it not so defined as it's own sub-sub-genre back then?

To this day Obituary's lyrics make no sense and seem to be random words to fit the song. I dig it.

Some people think this is what Lord Worm did on None So Vile and then wrote lyrics later. Not sure if that's true. May be more common in Death Metal than we think. :lol:
These days brutal death metal means something altogether different for sure, lol.