download festival uk

kollex

Autistic Superstar
Oct 16, 2002
somewhere
www.maxpages.com
Donnington the home of rock apparently will play host to the download festival on may the 31st and june the 1st and will be headlined by Iron Maiden Limp Bizkit Marilyn Manson and the Deftones. now thats something im sure all of you will so excited about you will burst at your seams in the scrum to get tickets for this event. if anyones in doubt that was irony. but there is one thing that will interest you. Kerrang the premier and most extreme magazine in existence in the metal world has a competition where you can pick 3 of the bands on the second stage. in their words "your chance to pick the bands that will help shape the rock event of 2003" it then notes for the help of the more cereberally challenged of their readers that bands like Korn and Metalica are slightly too big for the second stage. voting for this lovely competition can be done by sending an e mail to kstage@kerrang.com. i suggest you vote for several reasons
ok their probably will some token extreme metal bands on the bill (probably mid morining on the third stage) but by voting en masse (and i suggest for a certain band starting with O and finishing with H) it means that the assorted hoodie hobbits might have listen to something truly heavy inbetween the latest second division pop punk and nu metal bands. plus if you feeling comical you could always vote Manowar and show what "true" .
plus extreme metal bands wont get a look in thanks to bands with fanatical and slightly retarded street teams (ie Otep) and plus its exposing kids to metal and recuiting more followers.
even if your not in the UK and couldnt really give a fuck what happens spare a thought for me. i had finally presuaded my friends to go to the bloodstock and now theyve seen this they will spunk thier pants and decide to go to this. Ok at Bloodstock i would have had to endure Hammerfall but thing is whereas Hammerfall would just make me laugh hysetically, Limp Bizkit make me want to be physically sick and besides ill probably end up getting the shit kicked out of me by sercuity/townies/stage crew for throwing stuff at Limp Bizkit