Why ppl consider new metal the serious metal??

Buxter Blay

Blind Guardian #1 Fan
Dec 5, 2001
Italy
pub47.ezboard.com
I talked with a friend who's listening to Linkin'Park,System of a down,Limp Bizkit and so on;and he's calling that serious metal????No,I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY the new metal is metal,for me is just clown music.

what the fuck ppl? i don't accept these bands being called any kind of metal. metal is defined by priest, sabbath, nevermore, fates warning, maiden, death, celtic frost etc.

what is there common with the above bands and the NU-shit?
i remember grunge and alternative tried to be related to rock.
it sux cause these nu-fuckheads don't have solos, don't have riffing, and last but not least they don't have metal within.

fuck em all!

sorry about the language but right now i am outraged!

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Why even worry about the "radio" bands? All the good ones don't get played regularly anyways - you have to find them.

You got that right. If you are lucky a college radio station might play some good stuff but the hell with the for profit stations. They just play what they are paid to play. :mad:

Actually NU Metal is something like POP-Music with KORNy guitar sounds. I don't know why it's that big at the moment but I am sure it will vanish as quick as it appeared. Obviously the rap-passages, simple guitars etc. are a great mixture for an average teeny to be "cool".

There are some serious bands who've been playing this kind of music more or less for years and perhaps they deserve it if they become more popular, however, what I do not understand is the general hype...

What?! You mean that Slipknot -isn't- TROO NORVEEGIAN BLACK-METAL??

graybigeek.gif

...But i read in one of their interviews that they were a brutal-death-metal band???

C'mon, you're joking right?! :err:

greenbiggrin.gif