Do you consider Zeppelin Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Led Zeppelin are hard rock, end of. They may have had an influence on the structure of metal music. In my opinion Black Sabbath were the first heavy metal band because they were the first band who introduced the sound of metal and the imagery and themes of metal.

Led Zeppelin are hard rock, end of. They may have had an influence on the structure of metal music. In my opinion Black Sabbath were the first heavy metal band because they were the first band who introduced the sound of metal and the imagery and themes of metal.
Black Sabbath was also the first band that capitalized on the "devil's chord," which made them stand out from the rest.

Never listened to Led Zepplin so I dunno. His music is probably weak though.

Dude, I have never bashed on you before, but come the fuck on. "His"??

Two commands:
1) Ease up on whatever twiddly flash-in-the-pan bullshit you fill your time with, and start seriously listening to the metal lineage, from Zeppelin to Emperor. For now.

2) Do not talk about shit about which you know nothing. You think Led Zeppelin is a person's name??? :puke:

I think the Zep song Babe I'm Gonna Leave You is amazing because thousands of metal songs would use that exact same structure later on down the road. It's not even a metal song but it's one of the most iconic metal song structures.

But anyway, hell no I don't consider Zep metal. A lot of metalheads I know don't even consider them hard rock, just rock. I certainly understand how Zep could be considered metal; it just takes a more liberal view of what is and isn't metal. But I don't think there's anything metallic about their sound at all. I used to think Immigrant Song was pretty hardcore until I actually started listening to metal. I think there are a handful of Zep songs that could be made into great metal songs, but as it is they certainly aren't there.

I M H O.
zepplin to me isnt metal.
they are more blues, groove rock, rock and roll, and maybee hard rock on there heaviest material.

altho the term "heavy metal" had been occasionally and incorrectly used to catagorize them ,
it really isnt by any stretch of the modern deffinition.

Status
Not open for further replies.