Do you consider the media to be degrading to metal?

Do you consider the media to be degrading to metal?

• Yes

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • It depends

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • I need to look more into this matter

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
I don't really care what the media says being it's not targetting me personally and degrading me, why would I or someone care. I just listen to music and don't label myself based on other peoples music and genres. The Media judges music,etc... based on a majority of persons who represent majority of fans and use it to have something to pick at and judge. I'm a single person. If I was in a band and the media targetted a style of music I played or my band would take interest in the media and maybe think about what they have to say. I do not really have a reason to care about who the media is degrading. It's really just something that has nothing to do with me.

Christianity can go fuck itself in all available orifices

That cover is genius and we all know it, and the media should to some degree acknowledge it too

you fail to see the vast influence of the church. Christianity/Catholicism once ruled the world for centuries, that impact reverberates through time.

Although, I think we like the attention, how many of us conform to the band shirt for instance?

The media is bullshit.
Sadly,all they care about is money.
money
money
money

There is SOME good stuff though.

you fail to see the vast influence of the church. Christianity/Catholicism once ruled the world for centuries, that impact reverberates through time.

Although, I think we like the attention, how many of us conform to the band shirt for instance?

Vayt a minute, I fail to see the vast influence of the church? I don't think I displayed any knowledge, NOR any ignorance regarding religion in my post..

my opinion about Christianity (and religion) aside, I have studied Christianity and have read the bible, AND was raised as an Orthodox Christian..trust me I know pretty much all there is to know about Christianity..we can talk all we want about the history of the religion and how the world would be completely different if it didn't exist..it's pointless

THE REAL POINT lies in the fact that all religion must die out, and it must die NOW..people are fucking sheep, it is hindering us in so many ways..one of the most bothersome of which is stem cell research..fucking god-worshipping-morons need to lay off the Jesus-cock-sucking and let science progress into realms that could save millions of lives.

And I'm not sure I quite understood your last comment about the shirt..conform to the idea? Conform to the idea that Jesus was a cocksucker? Conform to the idea that nuns are horny as shit but they can't fuck? If you are saying that the shirt is mainly used to attract attention to yourself but in reality not care about its message, then I think you are wrong. I don't see anyone who's not violently anti-religious wearing that shirt.

Marduk_Fuck_me_Jesus_Longsleeve.jpg

The shirt gives my so much anti-christ pussy:worship:

My metal chums & I were discussing this very topic over a few glasses of Rosé the other evening. The mainstream media's inability to appreciate the subtle harmonic nuances and humorously witty undertones in, say, the latest Pig Destroyer album, is a real burden on one's mind. Instead they focus on the "offensive lyrical themes" and so forth. Yawn. And their lack of acknowledgement of the supremely discerning taste and vast wisdom and intelligence of your average metal connoisseur is quite frankly an outrage.

I just like them. *shrugs*

I actually try to cut down on the pentagram/inverted cross/horrible mutilation shirts as to not draw so much attention to myself.

Vayt a minute, I fail to see the vast influence of the church? I don't think I displayed any knowledge, NOR any ignorance regarding religion in my post..

my opinion about Christianity (and religion) aside, I have studied Christianity and have read the bible, AND was raised as an Orthodox Christian..trust me I know pretty much all there is to know about Christianity..we can talk all we want about the history of the religion and how the world would be completely different if it didn't exist..it's pointless

THE REAL POINT lies in the fact that all religion must die out, and it must die NOW..people are fucking sheep, it is hindering us in so many ways..one of the most bothersome of which is stem cell research..fucking god-worshipping-morons need to lay off the Jesus-cock-sucking and let science progress into realms that could save millions of lives.

And I'm not sure I quite understood your last comment about the shirt..conform to the idea? Conform to the idea that Jesus was a cocksucker? Conform to the idea that nuns are horny as shit but they can't fuck? If you are saying that the shirt is mainly used to attract attention to yourself but in reality not care about its message, then I think you are wrong. I don't see anyone who's not violently anti-religious wearing that shirt.

wow bro your opinion is so cool and edgy

I just like them. *shrugs*

I actually try to cut down on the pentagram/inverted cross/horrible mutilation shirts as to not draw so much attention to myself.

Same. Though, if i really like the band I'll buy it.
It will be interesting to see how long I can wear my Blacklodge hoodie to school before someone brings up the drug refrences.
I'd rather not have attention brought toward myself, but I'm not going to let that keep me from buying/wearing what I like.

As for religion it helps some and kills others, and IMO what it kills wouldn't be saved by its absence.
The real "problem" would be people.

As far as we've come in the modern world there's still questions that leave the feeble to chase an unconfirmed, ancient ideology. Life after death being the most common question. And as I said before about religion ruling the world for centuries. Something so prominent isn't going to just disappear overnight, and anything that is blasphemous would obviously be bashed by the christian happy media. I do agree about the stem cell research though.

I was just talking about how metalheads probably just like the attention, as cookiecutter mentioned.

Fair enough, I agree too that life after death is a complete mystery, but at the same time I think it's ridiculous to conform to the idea that if you are good you will go to heaven, if you are bad you will go to hell because some uneducated and delusional person(s) wrote a book in which it tells you that.

Hell why don't I become a scientologist today? After all it was created by a science fiction author right? He must have some insight to the afterlife and supernatural