What was your first encounter with metal?

sarahtologist said:
i was like 5, and my cousin turned on metallica, and i started headbanging

3200 said:
my first encounter with metal was my cousin coming to my grandmothers house with a black sabbath album for christmas when I was about 5. I have been addicted to Metal ever since.

arent you, guys, from one family?.....

~Neurotica said:
arent you, guys, from one family?.....
yep... the drummer and guitar player are brothers. The drummer and I have been together since we were in Jr. High.

you can see vids of us playing WAY back in the day when Jordan was only around 10 or so... there's even video of us gigging while I was pregnant in 1994. crazy huh?

now, if we could just find a bassist!

3200 said:
yep... the drummer and guitar player are brothers. The drummer and I have been together since we were in Jr. High.

you can see vids of us playing WAY back in the day when Jordan was only around 10 or so... there's even video of us gigging while I was pregnant in 1994. crazy huh?

now, if we could just find a bassist!

whoaaa, thats cool! :)
whats ya bands name and where can hear your stuff, if its possible? ( if you are already popular there - sorry, I'm missing a lot)

~Neurotica said:
whoaaa, thats cool! :)
whats ya bands name and where can hear your stuff, if its possible? ( if you are already popular there - sorry, I'm missing a lot)

Thank you

The name of my band is 3200 (thirtytwo hundred)

our website is www.3200.us

warzone, murder by proxy and silence are the most recent trax we've posted. they're just raw trax with no production or mastering yet. We try to keep stuff up on the site that let's people know where we are in the recording process. and, we also keep the site full of fun videos and cool stuff people can watch and hear. I hope you like the site. Thanks for checking us out.

we also have a myspace profile at www.myspace.com/3200band

I'm Shea by the way :)

3200 said:
Thank you

The name of my band is 3200 (thirtytwo hundred)

our website is www.3200.us

warzone, murder by proxy and silence are the most recent trax we've posted. they're just raw trax with no production or mastering yet. We try to keep stuff up on the site that let's people know where we are in the recording process. and, we also keep the site full of fun videos and cool stuff people can watch and hear. I hope you like the site. Thanks for checking us out.

we also have a myspace profile at www.myspace.com/3200band

I'm Shea by the way :)

thank you, I'll check it out :)

well, I used to listen to Linkin Park and System of a Down Nonstop. I can't believe how much I liked it. One day, my older sister came out and said that Linkin Park is shit. She really liked radiohead. My dad showed me NIN after I showed him SOAD. Hmm, so then I was into NIN and radiohead, safely away from shitty metal. I took a year long detour into Prog rock, and I came back all wise and shit. I listened to a deathn metal radio station on a whim, loved it, bought the sound of perseverance by death (well, some list online put death as their all time favorite DM band), and haven't looked back since. I'll save the more interesting story of how I got into prog for another time. ;)

I was raised on metal. My mom's favorite band was Metallica and my brother's was Guns-N-Roses. Back in 2003 i got really into Metallica, then started getting into heavy music like Metalcore. After that I started listening to Death and Black Metal.

So I guess my first encounter was Metallica.

Summer of '84, I was 13. I saw the video for Motley' Crue's "Too Young To Fall In Love" on late night MTV and was instantly converted to the metal way, after previously thinking all that "acid rock" was stupid and wrong (despite being into Kiss and a little Deep Purple as a child).

I can't say I was metal for life, as like so many, I took much of the 90s off from metal, but I maintained a deep interest in weird, loud music even then....

i was in 3rd grade and my friend from up the street played me the number of the beast record. i still remember buying piece of mind in the store when it first came out, lol.

The Greys said:
I smell some bullshit.

then you must be "o" ringin your pops. i'm 33 bro. sorry if your upset that i been in it longer then you.

why would someone lie about being old as shit? if anything i catch shit for it. lol.

I accidently met some stupid "Faggoth" kids who listened to bands like Cradle of Filth, Korn, Slipknot and these crap, I hanged with them for awhile and listened to their crap, untill I saw an article and pictures of Gorgorth, I went curious and tried them, I liked them and that caused me to try some other bands, Untill I realized the shit I've been missing.