What was your first encounter with metal?

First experience with metal - Metallica's Kill 'Em All and Sepultura's Arise. Pretty generic.

ender7227 said:
I'm bi, moron.

You say it like we know you personally :eek:

Wheres paddy hes gotta call this guy a poofter for the day to be complete

Banned said:
once a glam queen always a glam queen :saint:

Meh, it was cool back then to me. I listened to Motley Crue and shit like that for a while because my dad owned all of those Vinyl's and tapes. Eventually I started listening to alot of Sabbath/Ozzy/Zeppelin/Rainbow/Deep Purple then into early Metallica/Megadeth and the saga continues...

Amarantus said:
Meh, it was cool back then to me. I listened to Motley Crue and shit like that for a while because my dad owned all of those Vinyl's and tapes. Eventually I started listening to alot of Sabbath/Ozzy/Zeppelin/Rainbow/Deep Purple then into early Metallica/Megadeth and the saga continues...
:headbang:

theres also this one
banana2.gif

When I was 13 or so, I got into Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction. I listened to that tape non-stop. At the Grammys that year, they were up for an award for best rock/metal performance, and they won. I was so excited!

When they got up on stage, they were like "Metallica got robbed...One is the best song!"

So I was like "hmm...I should check that out."

I borrowed "And Justice for All" and started listening to it. The first song, Blackened...omg...it was SO demonic sounding! It really sounded evil...it was great! Haha.

After that, I bought all 4 Metallica albumns and listened to them non stop.

Then I discovered Headbanger's Ball, which got me into GWAR, Pantera, Anthrax, Maiden. It introduced me to Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, etc...but those were a little too brutal for me. Eventually, I grew to love everything metal.

Scott

When I was about 13 I joined the mosher crew who liked Metallica and Nirvana.

Even before that i'd heard Metallica on the Box and their sound really appealed to me.

my first encounter with metal was my cousin coming to my grandmothers house with a black sabbath album for christmas when I was about 5. I have been addicted to Metal ever since.