Dream Metal Amp. Features?

A tube screamer like the other guys said and a built in noise suppressor. Make the suppressor so it can go completely off too.

EDIT: And wow, I pretty much disagree with everything in Notuern's post :lol: As far as tone-stack goes, If it ain't broke, don't fix it IMO, and more tubes for independent channels means more heat and more power consumption! (strain on the transformer). And the complexity of a built-in power soak feature could be forgone in favor of a half-power switch methinks :D

Tonestacks are annoying as fuck imho.. because eventually you either modify your amp or get a new one just because the f-ing tonestack wont let you dial out the frequencies you dont like..

And you do realize that to get 50% max output volume on your 100w amp you would need to about 10w, not 50w?
And 10w is still pretty damn loud if you crank it.. btw, i have 100w, 50w and 25w modes on my Carvin, and it does a fuckton to the sound, due to the fact that the 100w mode uses 4 tubes, 50w uses 2 tubes, and the 25w uses 1 tube.. so I'd definitely go with a powersoak over a half-power switch.

And i agree about that part with the power consumption etc. with dual sets of preamp tubes, but i want cleans with loads of headroom, and i dont really like that smooth "Steve Vai-distortion".. so its impossible for me to get the sound i want with the same preamp tubes in both the clean and od-channel.

As far as having a bunch of switches to get different types of sound, thats not really one of those features i would use extensively.. but it would allow you to get a much more versatile amp that can do pretty much anything(Meaning that more people would be satisfied with the amp.).

External bias adjustment with a digital display.

Adjustable HPF between the input and preamp.

Line out that gets a preamp signal in standby.

Separate depth and presence controls for each channel.

JSX's noise gate between the pre- and power stages.

VHT's Normal / High gain stacking switch.

Tonestacks are annoying as fuck imho.. because eventually you either modify your amp or get a new one just because the f-ing tonestack wont let you dial out the frequencies you dont like..

And you do realize that to get 50% max output volume on your 100w amp you would need to about 10w, not 50w?
And 10w is still pretty damn loud if you crank it.. btw, i have 100w, 50w and 25w modes on my Carvin, and it does a fuckton to the sound, due to the fact that the 100w mode uses 4 tubes, 50w uses 2 tubes, and the 25w uses 1 tube.. so I'd definitely go with a powersoak over a half-power switch.

And i agree about that part with the power consumption etc. with dual sets of preamp tubes, but i want cleans with loads of headroom, and i dont really like that smooth "Steve Vai-distortion".. so its impossible for me to get the sound i want with the same preamp tubes in both the clean and od-channel.

As far as having a bunch of switches to get different types of sound, thats not really one of those features i would use extensively.. but it would allow you to get a much more versatile amp that can do pretty much anything(Meaning that more people would be satisfied with the amp.).

Versatility never appealed to me, I prefer not having as many options (as I need to be forced to stop tweaking or I never will until I get pissed and give up :lol: ), and I'm not sure how using one or two power tubes instead of four makes any difference in sound besides earlier breakup, but maybe in practice it's not that simple (if it is though, I don't see why a half/quarter power switch wouldn't be adequate).

As for the 10-band eq, I guess I would reluctantly go for it, BUT, only in the spot it's in on most amps (I guess that would be post-distortion; my point is having controls both pre- and post-distortion a la the Mark series amps would be bad enough IMO, but if they were both 10-band eq's my head would seriously explode :Spin: )

Versatility never appealed to me, I prefer not having as many options (as I need to be forced to stop tweaking or I never will until I get pissed and give up :lol: ), and I'm not sure how using one or two power tubes instead of four makes any difference in sound besides earlier breakup, but maybe in practice it's not that simple (if it is though, I don't see why a half/quarter power switch wouldn't be adequate).

As for the 10-band eq, I guess I would reluctantly go for it, BUT, only in the spot it's in on most amps (I guess that would be post-distortion; my point is having controls both pre- and post-distortion a la the Mark series amps would be bad enough IMO, but if they were both 10-band eq's my head would seriously explode :Spin: )

I guess we are all different! ;)
I know exactly what sound i want, so its pretty easy for me to knock it out of a amp, IF its versatile enough! ;)

It does difference to the sound how many tubes you have in a series.. just like it does in a preamp.
2 tubes that are being pushed like fuck sounds worse then 4 tubes being pushed "just hard enough".
You could say that pushing one poweramp tube allot instead of 4 would make the sound muddier/less defined & less dynamic.. you still get the saturation, but not the separation.

I would actually prefer having the EQ before the preamp rather then after if we are talking having one EQ and one tonestack.. simply because id rather have more of control over how the amp will react to my playing then "just the EQ".
And honestly, if you have 2*10 bands, 10 before and 10 after the preamp, you wouldn't have to tweak those BEFORE the preamp unless you feel the need for it.. having them set to 0 would be just like not having them there at all you know. ;)

- MIDI controllable
- Hi gain channel (5150, rectifier...) and channel that sounds as much as Vox AC30 as possible
- XLR direct out with on/off switchable cab simulator (think Red Box)
- Built in tubescreamer with 808 and TS9 modes
- Built in (good sounding) tap delay for solos
- A hotplate or similiar built in for bedroom volumes
- Must look BADASS!

And honestly, if you have 2*10 bands, 10 before and 10 after the preamp, you wouldn't have to tweak those BEFORE the preamp unless you feel the need for it.. having them set to 0 would be just like not having them there at all you know. ;)

I WOULD FEEL THE NEED, THEY'D BE THERE MOCKING ME :lol: