Dream Metal Amp. Features?

Yeah, but overheating is never a good thing, and I doubt a fan or two is gonna bring the heat of the tubes down to the point of inefficiency/strain!

i thought it was good for tubes to "warm up" to a certain extent?

yeah some heating is fine, but only enough to produce the rated power, any more is compromising tube life and other component life

Yeah, but overheating is never a good thing, and I doubt a fan or two is gonna bring the heat of the tubes down to the point of inefficiency/strain!

it would take Air Condidtioned levels (of not higher) or electrothermal cooling to bring a tube down to those levels. Now that i think about it, the a 6L6 Filament puts out 5.4 watts and an EL34 puts out 9 watts, I would take dry ice to bring the levels of that down to the point of insufficiency.

Built-in visible thermometer would actually be something really cool (Celsius/Fahrenheit switchable of course ;))

crab_bath_thermometer.jpg

I would like to have an amp with one knob.

But that knob has to do exactly what I want it to do.

Failing that, 60 or 70 knobs will be okay.

That reminds me about a story that a bassplayer friend of mine was pretty serious about. Only visible stuff would be volume and the powerswitch and possibly a channelswitch, but you would have a lockable frontpanel so you could hide your settings and keep others from touching your settings if you are using the same backline etc

the thermometer is a good idea, however I think it should come in Celsius only, even in America Celsius is used to measuring temperature of Electronics and Machinery (except for the temperature gauges inside a car). Maybe you could have a Fahrenheit for the fail Americans, if they have never monitored computer temperatures in their life, but Celsius is a lot easier to use when gauging temperatures.

why do you guys get boners for a built in tubescreamer?

A built in foot switchable tubescreamer?

Every dude on this forum already has a footswitchable tubescreamer:ill:

How? It's less precise (and I don't think it's too important for us to know how close the temp of the amp is to the boiling/freezing point of water :D)

Beinc less precise, it allows to see the temperature variations easier.

Or that's how I see it. :)

How? It's less precise (and I don't think it's too important for us to know how close the temp of the amp is to the boiling/freezing point of water :D)

That's how I started measuring temperatures when I got into computers, because all the baselines and running specs of gear and the hardware monitor on your computer measures in Celsius. Its broader so its easier to see the whole spectrum (like 40-60 is a good area for a CPU, any higher you have problems, GPUs some run from 50-90, some even up to 110), besides that it is the standard for temperature measuring worldwide, even the US (science and technology uses Celsius most of the time.)

Beinc less precise, it allows to see the temperature variations easier.

Or that's how I see it. :)

that's kind of the idea, its a lot easier to judge how far something has drifted off but it is also easier to measure in a scale of 100 which is a lot easier to see than 32-212, not only is that double the scale, but also its not on even numbers, which would make is hard to judge where 85 is in Fahrenheit as a percentage, but in Celsius you know 50 degrees is 50%, no transposing needed.

why do you guys get boners for a built in tubescreamer?

A built in foot switchable tubescreamer?

Every dude on this forum already has a footswitchable tubescreamer:ill:

you don't have to worry about another piece of gear that could go wrong, no extra cables or wallwarts since the amp is providing power to the circuit, just plug into your head and the TS is already there, ready to use, guitar straight into the head and you will never have to worry about having a pedal in your rig.

Its just simplifying a hassle that's all

(science and technology uses Celsius most of the time.)
I would say K [Kelvin]. :cool:

Yeah, and can we have a small nuke submarine attached to the amp to record in silent unique inspirational atmosphere like in Deathklock and if somebody does not like our music we can always send them a present with a ballistic missile.

I would NOT like to have an allrounder-amp. I need an amp who does one sound really great and not a dozen close to great. In addition I don't want to deal with a shitloads of knobs and the weight of components I never use, above all I don't want to pay for those unneeded extras. My dream amp would be one-channel with pre- and master-gain, 3 band eq + presence & resonance (like the 5150).
I think it doesn't make much sense to build an allrounder amp where every circuit and gain stage is exclusive to its channel.

What I would like as uncommon extras:

- knobs that can be fixed (like Ibanez "Tone-Lok") so you don't accidently lose your settings.
- the weight of the components should be tared (unlike old Marshalls where one side is the heavy one)
- no vent slots on the upper side, just in the back
- top of the amp should be flat with the handle buried
- 2x4ohm, 2x8ohm and 2x16ohm jacks in the back
- input jack in the back
- all knobs must be able to be read even from a distance (like 5150 - unlike rectifier)
- cool looks, of course! :) I'd love to see the tubes glowing inside

I would say K [Kelvin]. :cool:

Yeah, and can we have a small nuke submarine attached to the amp to record in silent unique inspirational atmosphere like in Deathklock and if somebody does not like our music we can always send them a present with a ballistic missile.

Actually they use Kelvin to measure atomic energy, but yea I get you.

And Dethklok +1

I loved that episode

a Voice that when you turn on the amp says "the amp is on" and when you go stand by, a softer and female voice "stand by", why because at this point the amp would look like a starship, so adding this feature will give that sci-fi, futuristic vibe.

Most important: Whatever features you decide to add - make them footswitchable! I have no use for eight or so sound modes per channel if I have to walk up to the amp to change them.