Dream Theater 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings'

Mar 10, 2008
Abingdon, UK
311_410x410.jpg

Progressive metal veterans DREAM THEATER have announced BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS as the title of their tenth studio album. Roadrunner will release the record on June 23.
In addition to the standard version CD, the album will also be available on vinyl LP, as well as a 3-disc Special Edition CD that will include the full album, a CD of instrumental mixes of the album and a CD of six cover songs, the titles of which will be revealed at a later date.

The band will embark on a world tour in support of the album beginning in Europe throughout June which will be followed by the second edition of the band's PROGRESSIVE NATION tour featuring Zappa Plays Zappa, Pain Of Salvation and Beardfish throughout North America in July/August.

A video for the first single, "A Rite of Passage" will be shot in late March.

The track listing for BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS is as follows:

A Nightmare to Remember
A Rite of Passage
Wither
The Shattered Fortress
The Best of Times
The Count of Tuscany

:headbang:

I was ecstatic to hear this info recently. June can't get here soon enough!

Certainly can't! June 23rd is the day after my birthday so i'll be getting myself the triple disc edition of this as a present. I'm also going to see them on 13th June so i'm really hyped up for this release.

Just purchased a standing ticket from ticketmaster for the Southampton show

Thought I might miss out cos only just found out today

Really looking forward to this show......providing the notorious Guildhall acoustics don't throw a spanner in the works..lol!

Yeah should be a good gig, my first time seeing Dream Theater so i hope the acoustics don't spoil things too much. That reminds me i still have to arrange transport for this :lol: will do though, there's no way i'm missing this :headbang:

That song is really good, but then it's DT so i wasn't expecting any less :lol: This album looks to be a bit more balanced in terms of heavy and light sections to the songs even though has a lot more of a gothic element. From what i've read and heard of samples on youtube it seems very much like this will be reviewed as 'the best album since Train of Thought'
I like every album though so it's all good for me :headbang:

To download or not to download that is the question

Have preordered the album, and getting it regardless. But since I'm going to see them there is a strong chance they might play new stuff and it would be good to have an idea of the song