Dream Theater in the studio

I may be a noob here, but I'm no noob overall :headbang:

Oh, two more things. What really sealed the deal for me on Allen was hearing him live. I have never been overly impressed with Labrie live.. I've seen them about 3-4 times, plus all the footage/live songs over the years. He often has a hard time. Allen has been bang on from what I have heard thus far.

Second, Allen's solo project (BTW, who plays guitar on Atomic Soul? Is it MJR?). Labrie (and all DT members for that matter) release a ton of side/solo projects, but they really all sound the same (with the exception of OSI). Atomic Soul was quite different from SX stuff, and Allen pulled it off very convincingly. Haven't heard the MJR or MP solo stuff yet.

Which one should I get first? What are your opinions of those projects?

MJR solo album is great if you're a guitarist, I still haven't heard MPs album but I'v ebeen told it's a must have.

Lol, yet another new brunswicker posting :headbang: Whereabouts?

MJR solo album is great if you're a guitarist, I still haven't heard MPs album but I'v ebeen told it's a must have.

Lol, yet another new brunswicker posting :headbang: Whereabouts?

Cool, I'll check out the MJR album first then.

Many NBers here? I'm near Fredericton, you?

After I get out of College, straight to Canada with me.

*expects rep points :p*

Seriously though, everything about Canda is better. Better economy, beter environment, better climate (for me. I like the cold), better music scene, better people in general, etc.

I've never been to Canada, but I'd probably like to visit one day... It seems like Canadians are to America as New Zealanders are to Australia. Just bunched in as one nation, though they're actually very, very different...

I'm a nice American, because I know that I plan on moving to Canada after I get out of college.