Dream Theater in the studio

Well he does seem to be the driving force if you ask me... Though I don't think Petrucci could be easily replaced. Maybe Ron Jarzombek would be capable of playing the stuff, or Tony MacAlpine, probably no-one else, but definately no-one could replicate his style of songwriting...

It's alright, I was kidding. Though I'm not sure that Romeo could handle some of the alternate picking runs of Petrucci. Sweeps, easily, but I dunno about the alternate stuff... Tony MacAlpine could though, handle anything...

Oh I'm sure Romeo could do anything Petrucci does. And I've never even heard of Tony MacAlpine, so...

That's a terrible shame... Nah, he's one of many instrumental shred guitarists, but he regularly plays in Prog-metal bands, prog-rock bands, jazz-fusion bands, pretty much anything, he's played in Planet X with Virgil Donati and Sherinian, the guys just a musical freak (he's also a virtuoso piano player) and is completely comfortable with any playing... anyway, enough rambling, check him out if you get the chance...

Aww, I was kinda excited to see what SKnight had to say... Oh well. :lol:

Stephan Forte = teh ownz0rz

That's a terrible shame... Nah, he's one of many instrumental shred guitarists, but he regularly plays in Prog-metal bands, prog-rock bands, jazz-fusion bands, pretty much anything, he's played in Planet X with Virgil Donati and Sherinian, the guys just a musical freak (he's also a virtuoso piano player) and is completely comfortable with any playing... anyway, enough rambling, check him out if you get the chance...

Cant forget that he plays with Vai also.

I saw Vai by himself and with MacAlpine and The Brood...I mean MacAlpine's good and all, but Vai just puts his heart and soul into the music. I felt bad when my buddies asked me how the show was b/c I really couldn't put it into words. Vai is one with the guitar <3