Dream Theater Role Call in ATL

Prophets of War was actually very powerful, with all of the imagery that was being shown on the screen. Also, it leaded in perfectly to Sacrificed Sons. I remember watching the making of DVD for Systematic Chaos and that they had the audience do all of the chanting in the song, which was perfect because they flashed those words up on the screen and we shouted them out...and everyone was into it the response was loud. Cool audience participation song in my book.

Here's the Asheville, NC setlist from last night:

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
CONSTANT MOTION
BEYOND THIS LIFE
HOLLOW YEARS
(JR Keyboard Spot)
EROTOMANIA
VOICES
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY
-----------------
METROPOLIS

Great show :kickass: and I liked the setlist.
Drums were a tad too loud though.

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
CONSTANT MOTION
BEYOND THIS LIFE
HOLLOW YEARS
(JR Keyboard Spot)
EROTOMANIA
VOICES
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY
-----------------
METROPOLIS

from this setlist, you have just confirmed to be I made the right choice to skip this year!!! THanks!! :Smokin:

I enjoyed the show and DT's musicianship was top-notch as always (and Labrie sang quite well, nice to hear he still has most of his range and power), but......yeah. The setlist was disappointing.

In keeping with my tradition, I managed to miss Scale the Summit AGAIN. Was really looking forward to seeing them after hearing all the raves at Texas MadFest (missed them there by less than ten minutes), but thanks to venue incompetence, my tickets didn't get there until well into Bigelf's set. I liked them, and also liked what I saw of ZPZ.

Epic fail on the part of the reserved-seating: Someone had the exact same seat ticket that I had (!), so I ended up watching DT's set from the back of the reserved-seats balcony, downstairs in the old Cotton Club (on the widescreen) or in the balcony bar (nice flat-screens).

Oh, beware the annoying loud dude from Long Island who will be seeing "ten shows, baybeee!" on this tour. It was funny...een though he loudly proclaimed himself the biggest DT fan in the universe, he spent most of the show walking around and loudly telling people why the audience sucked, why they're always better to see in NY, etc. Ahhh, how pleasant.

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
CONSTANT MOTION
BEYOND THIS LIFE
HOLLOW YEARS
(JR Keyboard Spot)
EROTOMANIA
VOICES
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY
-----------------
METROPOLIS

Hollow Years, Voices, and Metropolis. Way cool!:headbang:

I saw the setlist on MetalSetlists.com...

01.A Nightmare to Remember
02.Prophets of War
03.Keyboard Solo
04.Sacrificed Sons
05.A Rite of Passage
06.The Dance of Eternity
07.One last Time
08.Solitary Shell
09.Take the Time
Encore:
10.The Count of Tuscany

The Dance Of Eternity
Solitary Shell
Take The Time

I'm glad I didn't go, although I like the fact that they're changing up the setlists each night.

A NIGHTMARE TO REMEMBER
CONSTANT MOTION
BEYOND THIS LIFE
HOLLOW YEARS
(JR Keyboard Spot)
EROTOMANIA
VOICES
THE COUNT OF TUSCANY
-----------------
METROPOLIS

That's a phenomenal set...great mix of new & old. That set should get any real DT fan off.

That's a phenomenal set...great mix of new & old. That set should get any real DT fan off.

I was thinking the same thing. Wish I'd been at the Asheville show!

AFAIK, Mike Portnoy still changes up each city's setlist so that any particular tour-stop gets as much new material as possible....guess it was Atlanta's turn to suck.

Anyone else notice how abysmally slow the people at the Tabernacle's will-call window were? Whew!

...Jesus Christ, play the songs people might know!

...I probably would have been disappointed regardless.

Your entire post appears to be complete dribble, and full of asinine comments. Dream Theater fans are some the most knowledgeable fans that exist. They know the songs like "Prophets of War," and "Sacrificed Sons."

If you still need to see songs like "Pull Me Under," then I feel sorry for you. It is a good song, I but I have seen it 8 times, and don't ever need to see if again. "Constant Motion" and "The Dark Eternal Night" were played on the last tour.

People like you, who don't go to the actual show, need to get off of your soap box and stop criticizing something that YOU actually didn't see. Leave that to true fan who goes to the show.

Hollow Years is not one of my favorites, but they changed the arrangement around and played it very loosely - it was cool. And Voices was great.

I was thinking the same thing. Wish I'd been at the Asheville show!

Yeah, I was quite pleased with the set list.

Agreed. That would have certainly been more worth seeing. Metropolis Pt. 1, hell yeah.

I think they've been playing Metropolis every night.

Oh, beware the annoying loud dude from Long Island who will be seeing "ten shows, baybeee!" on this tour. It was funny...een though he loudly proclaimed himself the biggest DT fan in the universe, he spent most of the show walking around and loudly telling people why the audience sucked, why they're always better to see in NY, etc. Ahhh, how pleasant.

A loud, arrogant NY'er being a loud, arrogant NY'er? GTFO Paul :lol:

I think they've been playing Metropolis every night.

Not in Atlanta, of course.

mëtålspëd;8453121 said:
A loud, arrogant NY'er being a loud, arrogant NY'er? GTFO Paul :lol:

Yep. In fact, he was so stereotypically loud and annoying I had to have a bit of fun with him at one point.
"I'M SEEING DT TEN TIMES ON THIS TOUR, BAYBEE!"
"Cool, but did you see them at Malibu Beach Club on Long Island?" I asked. (I knew the guy wasn't old enough to have seen them on that tour.)
"--Woah. Where ya from?"
"Here -- but I was born in New York," I said.
"Oh."
<Three seconds of silence while his programming reasserted itself>
"I'm seeing DT ten times on this tour!!"

Yep. In fact, he was so stereotypically loud and annoying I had to have a bit of fun with him at one point.
"I'M SEEING DT TEN TIMES ON THIS TOUR, BAYBEE!"
"Cool, but did you see them at Malibu Beach Club on Long Island?" I asked. (I knew the guy wasn't old enough to have seen them on that tour.)
"--Woah. Where ya from?"
"Here -- but I was born in New York," I said.
"Oh."
<Three seconds of silence while his programming reasserted itself>
"I'm seeing DT ten times on this tour!!"

I ran into that dude too!! He spotted my Angra shirt and started talking me up. He's apparently writing a book about his tour experiences as well. But yeah, he ended up near where I was during the show, annoyingly shouting things like "THIS SONG IS INCREDIBLE!!" when a song started or "JOHN PETRUCCI RULES!!" after a solo.