Dreamscape - The best band you never heard

Dreamscape - 'VERY'

Before this thread finds itself snubbed and gathering dust in the archives with a grand total of 0 replies, a big shout to the 3 people who will bother to look at this thread, the shout is 'DREAMSCAPE = MIND BLOWING, AWSOME'

I never hear these guys mentioned, conspiracy or not, people don't bother to look 'through the looking glass’; what I found however was the best damn prog metal album I've heard in years.

And this is prog metal, not power metal with the odd 30 seconds of 3/4 in 2 or 3 songs in between cheesy ballads as is prog metal these days, but real big balls progressive metal.

The best comparison would be Images and Words dream theatre, they somehow manage to cut a balance between the heavy, crunchy guitars and the wonderful, intertwining melodies that give it so much colour. Forget the pompous sounds of Jordan Rudess, this is more Kevin Moore for those who prefer actual keyboard melodies over proving who was educated at fucking Berklee.

The shire dynamics and changes is what gives it such a rush and they do it with more aggression than DT and without those wheezy, pompous OTT moments you tend to get with Dream Theatre where James Labrie sounds like he's about to cry which is why you think twice about putting it on loud on your car stereo. Have no such reservations with Dreamscape. The musicianship is stunning; the drumming really stands out, as do the guitars. Wolfgang Kerrinis is clearly very talented and pulls out the shred in nice short, refined bursts.

One word to sum up would be dynamic.. I rarely have these blow out moments with albums where you just can't leave it alone. Only a few have had such an impact on me and Symphony X's 'Divine Wings of Tragedy' was one if you’re wondering about my musical taste. I would be doing these guys a disservice not to rave about this band since nobody else does, Very is quite possibly now my all time favourite prog metal album.

However don't take my stupid word for it, http://www.progressiveworld.net/dreamscape3.html

I think that honour goes to Wastefall. Everyone and their mum knows about Dreamscape, but that's beside the point. I like Dreamscape a lot. My favourite song is The End of Light. The slow bit makes me cry.

I know them, but i found the music too straight. I am sorry but all songs in the album "end of silence" are so similar that it is like the same song playing all through the album.

kazahana said:
I think that honour goes to Wastefall. Everyone and their mum knows about Dreamscape, but that's beside the point. I like Dreamscape a lot. My favourite song is The End of Light. The slow bit makes me cry.
agreed completely. especially about Wastefall...

Good stuff.
Forget the pompous sounds of Jordan Rudess, this is more Kevin Moore for those who prefer actual keyboard melodies over proving who was educated at fucking Berklee.
Jordan Rudess wasn't educated at Berklee. It was Juliard. I'm also more of a Kevin Moore fan, though. Rock on.

Noble Viking said:
I sooooooo agree with you Moore > Rudess anyday

Rudess has alot of chops, plus a cuntinuum, but I love Moore's playing style so much more. Pull Me Under PWNS As I Am, any day of the year.