Dreamscape - The best band you never heard

Oh I detest Jordan's patches..he sounds like a damn circus calliope. Hate that crap.

*note* The preceding was my opinion only, and not a statement of fact. As such, no arguments to the contrary are necessary, nor will they change my opinion.

Thank you, please drive through. :)

Alexander*_Reborn said:
I love it, you could talk different shades of Lebanese horse piss and it would still end up in a Dream Theatre based discussion.

My god :D I laughed the hell to that :D

Jax said:
Oh I detest Jordan's patches..he sounds like a damn circus calliope. Hate that crap.

*note* The preceding was my opinion only, and not a statement of fact. As such, no arguments to the contrary are necessary, nor will they change my opinion.

Yeah, I completely agree. Most of Rudess' sounds are disgraceful, especially since he has a really sweet synth setup (OASYS, I think?). C'mon, it can't be hard to program better patches with a monstrosity like that.

Anyway, Dreamscape is new to me, and I much prefer Moore over Rudess, so I'll definitely give 'em a go.

I believe that "never" was on purpose.

I agree, they are very good. They were in my recent discover-new-bands-spree, along with Stride, Winds and Mechanical Poet (I know they split up, and I know a lot of people hate them, but I like the feeling they get in their songs :)).

Jax said:

I agree with Jax on that one, but to a lesser extent. The patch he uses in Glass Prison at the part "Help me. I can't break out this prison all alone..." is such an out of place effect. Also, in The Dance of Eternity, there's one part in there that reminds me of a chase scene from a cartoon or something. But some of his patches are really cool though.

I really need to start staying on topic more.

Metalman7983 said:
derek sherinian owns on them all!:headbang:

100% agreed!

First, Kevin Moore's "style" had deviated almost completely from anything Rudess or Sherinian are doing these days. Moore's new material isnt even metal, or close to it. I absolutely love Chroma Key, O.S.I., Ghostbook and Graveyard Mountain Home, but I just find it ridiculous to compare him to the other two guys.

Jordan's sound certainly lends itself to some criticism, but I still think it's the best fit for DT as a band right now.

But if I had to choose my favorite of all 3, NOT just basing it on DT material, Derek Sherinian is my favorite, by far...

Jax said:

This gets my vote as post of the year; you’re a girl after my own heart! Marry me and lets run off to the West Indies!

It's like well its Dream Theatre, they the assumed masters of the genre so we dare not question some of their sounds for they are our musically intellectual superiors. If we don't like Jordan sounds it's because we don't 'get it' and the artistic value is lost on our unrefined palettes.

Arts for arts sake can kiss my arts!

Vote Kevin Moore in the next general election!

rockyracoon said:
100% agreed!

Jordan's sound certainly lends itself to some criticism, but I still think it's the best fit for DT as a band right now.

But if I had to choose my favorite of all 3, NOT just basing it on DT material, Derek Sherinian is my favorite, by far...

Derek Sherinian is amazing, he proved with Planet X and his solo work.
I think he coulnd't really enfold with DT and I also think that moore and rudess fit best into DT.

MrFast said:
No way, the best band is Sym X! Followed by Adagio and Redemption.

HAHAHA wow i feel bad for you. Adagio is bad...new singer bad...redemption the best?? what? they dont even have a set lineup! are they even a real band?? Dreamscape is 5 times the band redemption wish they were. ive seen all 3 bands live (Dreamscape twice) and Dreamscape is by far the best. redemption is like a supergroup project at best...

Alexander*_Reborn said:
This gets my vote as post of the year; you’re a girl after my own heart! Marry me and lets run off to the West Indies!

It's like well its Dream Theatre, they the assumed masters of the genre so we dare not question some of their sounds for they are our musically intellectual superiors. If we don't like Jordan sounds it's because we don't 'get it' and the artistic value is lost on our unrefined palettes.

Arts for arts sake can kiss my arts!

Vote Kevin Moore in the next general election!

Ok its DREAM THEATER.

I like Jordans patches alot(reminds me of japanese cartoons),but when he starts to use his guitar pedals,Boy ....he sounds annoying!

Jordan's patches just have more a more powerful sound than most other keyboardists imo. I personally hate keyboard solos (weird coming from someone who's favorite band is SX) just because the tones are always so weak and bland. Its not that they cant write decent solos, but I just dont think the keyboard has the right sound to be a lead instrument in a metal band.