Drench yudgement!

the_good_son141

hahaoho
Oct 8, 2002
greece
Visit site
have you ever noticed mikael's accent on the letter *j*?
it's very obvious on edenspring,or on the new album,where he cries out:*these things i yust dont want you to...*
is it the swedish way,or its yust mikaels way? :)

the swedish way, as far as i know. i talked with niklas at length on tuesday, and - forgive me oh thou provider of light ;) - he did the exact same thing, especially on the rather common word "just". however, he's been so kind as not to point out the many times i made all sort of mistakes, so i'm ashamed of even mentioning this fact now. :erk:

rahvin.

i think it's a swede thing. i remember that i noticed the same with clawfinger's singer. germans have a problem with that sound also.

h

There's also "A yentle storm/Thundering silence" from ThereIn.

That's because we don't pronounce the letter "J" in the English way, in the Swedish language. We pronounce "J" as an English "Y" - so when we speak English we usually forget to pronouce "J" in the English way.

so there isnt a j in your alphabet?or sth that sound as j?

shame on you rahvin!if your conversation was at the same level as you post some(or most)times, i dread to challenge niklas to any form of lecture contest.he's must be an oxford proffessor!

np:the yester race;p

Originally posted by the_good_son141
so there isnt a j in your alphabet?or sth that sound as j?

shame on you rahvin!if your conversation was at the same level as you post some(or most)times, i dread to challenge niklas to any form of lecture contest.he's must be an oxford proffessor!

np:the yester race;p
There is the letter J, but it sounds like y. The word Judas for example, is said as Yudas in Swedish.

hm,a bit like greek.we have a two letter answer to it ,*tz*.no j's!
but its funny they are taught the wrong accents like a rule.

i kinda like this one.its unique,and gives one more reason to claim dt are special!and credit goes to my beloved sweds.even though they are ruled by a king,they continue to surprise me;p

hm in german there is no "jay" as in english at all. a sound close to this would be something like "dschäi". therefore quite a lot germans pronounce j like y (in german). same thing with "th"-words... loads of my countrymen/women either say "se" or "de", last one being utterly monstrous.

Vintersorg has also problem with letter J. "... to yoin the unearthly galantic show." Maybe it´s the same writing error in their genetic code. THEY`RE BOTH SWEDISH!!!

Now..our little racist Mr O could compose some mocking sentences (against Swedes) that we could repeat over and over again.

spaniards tend to have the otherway round problem...instead of turning j's into y's we turn j's into j'spowerj's :p

our j is twice stronger than the English one...so it's actually crappy when you hear someone trying to say "i like the band The Ju"

fathervic (who?)

hehe swedish is such a chupi langauge......
i have also notice this thing with the "j" thing..... btw,there is the word "just" in swedish,too but pronounced differently...

brrrrr..spaniards.... the most evil stuff in spanish is the way the pronounce the word "club" and also words like "estereotipo","estilo","estadio" arghhhhhh can't they use more decent words like "stereotipo","stil","stadio" like the greeks do :err: :D

~mel~ (som talar både svenska och spanska....lipotimia :p xurros )

and our double R beats them all
icon_winner.gif

@the_good_son_141: thanks for your trust, but i'm not as well versed in oral communication in english, because i got to practice it a lot less. besides, i was in the very presence of my one and only idol. :p

@siren: you're right, it was definitely "jesterworld". ;)

rahvin.

Originally posted by FatherVic
spaniards tend to have the otherway round problem...instead of turning j's into y's we turn j's into j'spowerj's :p

our j is twice stronger than the English one...so it's actually crappy when you hear someone trying to say "i like the band The Ju"

fathervic (who?)

Ju's on first?
JU!

:D