Drum editing

topsoul182

Dec 18, 2009
I know how to slip edit in cubase but is there a way to snap to grid while slip editing? or is it just get the closest to the line as you can?

and when your replacing the drums, i notice in a lot of recordings the drums all have solid hard hits. Do you just turn the level mod (aptrigga) to 100%, do you compress/clip before or after triggering?

okay thank you, i wasnt sure if there was a better way of getting it right on the grid

any tips on the the hard hits?

duplicate the snare track and then on one of them, delete everything except for hard hits and set aptrigga to ...only play hard hits, whatever the setting is, and then on the other track leave everything EXCEPT the hard hits and have that one be for softer things.

or, you can take it a step further, and ... say in the case of you using aptrigga and raw slate samples, you can duplicate the snare track four times and have one for crack, one for hard, one for medium, one for soft....etc, and have a separate instance of aptrigga on each with those samples loaded. and then you just go through and cut up the original snare track and plop the regions in their appropriate new track.