Cubase Slip Editing Method

If you use HP filter on OH tracks at like ~500-600 Hz, except for some artifacts (that will probably not be audible in a full mix), there shouldn't be any major problems. What you are trying to do is basically the same as just editing the kick and the rest of the kit separately, and than just using edited kick to feed the trigger plugin, which is, I dare to say, a common practice today, especially with all those 'technical' drummers we all have the honour to listen, record and edit. :)

It's a big relief to hear that! Thanx a lot for helping!
Btw, drummer from my band is generally quite precise for his age, and let's face it, there are only few drummers in modern bands that can play like machines... :p I only have to edit kick drum, and snare hits and cymbals are 90% on the grid. :)

Of course, any other opinion is more than welcome! ;-)

Since this thread has been reborn.
Mike have you ever thought of doing a series of tutorials on Cubase in regards to workflow tips and tricks (Ala Adam's reaper ones)?
Cause i have never found a good set of in-depth tutorials on cubase, maybe that's because a lot of features aren't key mapped?

Heh....or maybe I'm just dreaming that there will ever be a series thats not monotone or way too drawn out.

I have thought about it actually, but finding the time to organize everything into a concise set of videos is a little difficult. Right after I redid this video recently I wanted to do one just showing the key commands I have mapped out over the years to make my workflow quick and easy for a lot of things. Although, I suppose I could do a set of videos that would be made with the idea that experienced users would be watching, which would make the videos quicker and easier to do. The problem with that is assuming people that will watch it will know how to do every step without me saying what is going on. If you have any questions though feel free to PM me or send me an e-mail or hit me up on AIM (winterskiesprod), I am more than happy to answer any questions about Cubase that I can help with.

@Elf7: I strongly suggest editing all of the drums together first, and get the kick as close as you can. After that, convert the kick to MIDI and quantize that separately if you want. You most definitely will have to high pass your overheads to at least 500Hz, maybe even as high as 6-700Hz depending on how loud the kick is in the other mics. You can get away with this technique though, for sure, just depends on the circumstances.

Thanx 006! I will try out both suggestions! But i think i'll get away with editing only kick, cause there is not so many kick in other mics except oh and room, which will be hp-ed a lot.

Happy New Year to all of you! ;-)

I have thought about it actually, but finding the time to organize everything into a concise set of videos is a little difficult. Right after I redid this video recently I wanted to do one just showing the key commands I have mapped out over the years to make my workflow quick and easy for a lot of things. Although, I suppose I could do a set of videos that would be made with the idea that experienced users would be watching, which would make the videos quicker and easier to do. The problem with that is assuming people that will watch it will know how to do every step without me saying what is going on. If you have any questions though feel free to PM me or send me an e-mail or hit me up on AIM (winterskiesprod), I am more than happy to answer any questions about Cubase that I can help with.

Thanks 006.
If you ever you did find time to come up with a set of tutorials I'd pay for them. Because everything else I have paid for has never gone deep enough.

I don't think I would ever charge for any video I made, that's just how I am about it.