drum samples as promised

I did the kick and snare in stereo so you had the stereo reverb on them slightly.
I don't normally do them in stereo but some do and I thought I'd give you the option.
Processing wise, I'm just eqing with channel strip (metric halo, www.mhlabs.com). The Audix D6 has a good top end but is a touch scooped in the mids, so I'm tending to shove quite abit of 1-2k back in there. You are also hearing the yamaha sub kick on the kick sample, though the audix does have a good low end, this seems a tiny bit smoother to me. It was a 22" birch premier by the way, glad you're all enjoying them.

Andy Sneap said:
I did the kick and snare in stereo so you had the stereo reverb on them slightly.
I don't normally do them in stereo but some do and I thought I'd give you the option.

Cheers for clearing that up man. Any plans to post any more samples? A full set of toms maybe? :worship:

Andy Sneap said:
The Audix D6 has a good top end but is a touch scooped in the mids, so I'm tending to shove quite abit of 1-2k back in there.

What about the snare, how much EQing did you do? Do you have to add a lot of top end to get that crack, or do I just suck? Also, do you filter off the low end of snares at all to get rid of boom/mud?

Thanks Andy, you rule.

Matt Smith said:
What about the snare, how much EQing did you do? Do you have to add a lot of top end to get that crack, or do I just suck? Also, do you filter off the low end of snares at all to get rid of boom/mud?

Thanks Andy, you rule.

ive been using that metric halo channel strip, the compressor on that thing and the eq can get you there for sure.

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
Ha, and for once, this is the truth ! (like you know, sometimes you read someone telling things about a product and actually not even using it...) Now it makes me want a Mac even harder !!!

I'm with you Brett!
I'm starting to REAALLY hate pc's/windows for recording!!! :yuk:
I'm even considering about buying a MiniMac and get rid of my AMD once for all!!!
At least it's a Mac!!! And I can use the awesome Channel Strip with it!!!
;)

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
Ha, and for once, this is the truth ! (like you know, sometimes you read someone telling things about a product and actually not even using it...) Now it makes me want a Mac even harder !!!

say Nevermore, Jeff loomis on the peavey site is pictured with a Triple xxx.
Live he never never used it!
I've seen just a movie of him playing a triplexxx at Nevermore's rehearsal space.

Maurizio