drum samples as promised

Nitronium Blood said:
Would DHFS do the same thing?

DFHS has about 4-5 controls for randomisation of samples.

Cycle - swaps thru the samples in the order on the HD

Random - randomly cycles thru the samples

Alternate - Alternates between left and right handed samples on a one handed track

semi-sec - randomly grabs samples for transients from up to 3 neighbouring samples

velocity to volume - adjust samples in volume to match the velocity of the midi track

it does all that without the need for any actual velocity adjustment, so when you add that into the mix you have a lot of options there

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
DFHS has about 4-5 controls for randomisation of samples.

Cycle - swaps thru the samples in the order on the HD

Random - randomly cycles thru the samples

Alternate - Alternates between left and right handed samples on a one handed track

semi-sec - randomly grabs samples for transients from up to 3 neighbouring samples

velocity to volume - adjust samples in volume to match the velocity of the midi track

it does all that without the need for any actual velocity adjustment, so when you add that into the mix you have a lot of options there
Now that is sheer sexyness mate!

Hi all, been watching the forums for a while and just registered (yeah another newb!) I was just wondering why the kik and snare samps were stereo?

Degenerate said:
Here's the kicks spliced up in both 24 + 16 bit

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1WTICHSAWZ7AF2E1EPZHTK4MSE

It's a .zip file. Not sure how zip files work but I chose 'no compression' anyway.

Edit: I put the just a few of the kicks into my soundfont just to test. (I use a soundblaster routed to my dsp2000 c-port ins.. still). Made a 16th triplets beat and riff....

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2DV2BYZ77957B1K6GZQTEE79V9

To randomize I set different kicks on velocitys 100,101,102,103,104.. then set midi to 'randomize' between those values. Problem that occurs is it still changes the volume a touch... I think. But in this case I put of the quieter kicks in so that adds to the uneven-ness. It's just a quick play around anyway.

ifyou have time. couldyou do the same wth the snair ? . . . .. .pplllzzz :oops: