Drum Sticks:

For those of you who don't know my 8 year old son collects drumsticks. I wanted to get him one last year, but it just didn't turn out to be that way.

I'm wondering if anyway who is "sponsoring" a band would be willing to check with the drummers and see if they (drummers) would be willing to part with a drumstick (either used or unused is fine) sign it, (unsigned is cool too, but they are harder to keep track of that way) and then part with it so I can give it to my lovely child.

It would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: Obviously I don't want the bands heckled, badgered or harassed for it. That is the last thing I want. If a band says no, I totally understand.

Last year Circus Maxiums signed a CD to him and he cried when I gave it to him. He carries it damn near everywhere.

I have in the past taken pictures of him with the drumsticks and sent them directly to the bands as a Thank you to them. Of course I'm willing to do that again (and my son think's he's a total rockstar too)

Edited in: As a side note, if you feel others are going to harass you for special favors, you do not have to reply on this thread if you don't feel comfortable.

Thanks!

-Metal

I´ll save a drum stick for your son. No problem. But then you´ll have to promise me to raise him as a little drummer boy :)

Mike Park/Mercenary

Everblack said:
I´ll save a drum stick for your son. No problem. But then you´ll have to promise me to raise him as a little drummer boy :)

Mike Park/Mercenary
That is so awesome Mike, it just goes to show you why this is the priemer festival in the world. Bands are approachable and willing to help in any situation, especially when it's for their fans or for kids. BIG KUDOS to Mike and any other drummer that is willing to help.:worship: Mike i will buy you a beer or two for your help.

AAAWWWW!!!

Metal that is the CUTEST thing I've ever heard a parent do for their kid! Collecting drumsticks!!! That is SOOO cool! I don't know if me and my friends collected anything that unique as we grew up, and you are helping him out whenever you can! Totally awesome!

Does he want a JUSTDEFY drumstick??? Hell I'll even bring you a dvd of one of our shows! You can tell him it's from Detroit's greatest unknown metal band!!!

MetalRose, I may still have two drumsticks from the eighties I caught at two concerts. The first is from James Kottack from his days in Kingdom Come and Danny King from Lillian Axe. On each I put a piece of tape with the drummer's name, band, and I believe the date, too. If I still have them, you are more than welcome to have them for your son if you want them.

ok, I latched on late to this thread but if I can help in any way I will. Did any band member commit? Let me know. I'll work on the others though I can make no promises. Still, for a kid, I'll try. :)