drumagog 4 - , 0,5 - 1 percent on my quad core extreme edition

drumagog 5 - , 10 , 15 percents ,pops and clicks ,asio overload

my current configuration
intel core quad q6800
windows 7, 32 bits
4 gb ram
rme 9632 , 2 ms latency
cubase 5.1.1

I have a similar configuration and I'm running the demo smooth as silk, together with SD TMF and some other plugins.

A quick question, I see in the mixer some faders for Room and Ambiance if I remember correctly. Are those emulations or you have to have the actual sounds for that? How does that work exactly?

Those faders are for room samples, if the gog file you load has them. Drumagog 5 has true room sample support, which works on the individual sample level, so every direct sample can have up to 3 room samples which play along with it. This makes it very realistic (similar to the way BFD and Superior do it).

Thanks,
Rim

and if you have the files, can you create a room-sample-ready gog using Drumagog 5?

Yes, Drumagog has a built-in sample maker. You basically click "New Gog", then drag samples from the browser onto the sample box, and assign groups to them. To add a room sample, drag it right on top of another sample.

Thanks,
Rim

Those faders are for room samples, if the gog file you load has them. Drumagog 5 has true room sample support, which works on the individual sample level, so every direct sample can have up to 3 room samples which play along with it. This makes it very realistic (similar to the way BFD and Superior do it).

Thanks,
Rim

Can you bounce each sample individually, though? I have no use for being able to trigger room samples with a dry sample unless I can separate them and treat them differently in the mix.

No, Drumagog can't so that, since it's output is only stereo. You could bounce three times, while only turning up one room at a time, or have two multiple instances of Drumagog, but these aren't very elegant solutions.

Rim

i demoed it ,couple of days ago
cpu usage - horrible!
drumagog 4 - , 0,5 - 1 percent on my quad core extreme edition

drumagog 5 - , 10 , 15 percents ,pops and clicks ,asio overload

my current configuration
intel core quad q6800
windows 7, 32 bits
4 gb ram
rme 9632 , 2 ms latency
cubase 5.1.1

That has to be your computer. I tried it today and it dont eat much cpu at all. Im on quad AMD.

I've being playing with it for two days now and i'm struggling with ghost notes. It'll trigger most hard hits accurately for me, but the ghost notes are all over the shop.

I've being playing with it for two days now and i'm struggling with ghost notes. It'll trigger most hard hits accurately for me, but the ghost notes are all over the shop.

This is pretty much standard for every drum sampling software in my experience.
I've always separated the ghost notes to a different track to make those trigger 100% correctly(even having to replace a couple hits by hand to keep from double triggering or not triggering at all).

Have you played around with the transient detail slider? If the track is relatively clean, I suggest putting the sensitivity to the floor and increasing the transient detail until it triggers well. If you're still having trouble with the track, email it to me: support@drumagog.com and I'll have a look.

Thanks,
Rim

tested on macpro 12core... pro tools hd 8

4 tracks of drumagog... (snare, foot, tom1, tom2).

barely a calculable difference in cpu.

love this plugin! <3

WaveMachineLabs

my audio buffer size is 128 samples

increasing latency to 512 samples- removing pops and clicks

but , cpu all the same overloading , over 15 percent on fast phrases on share and 5 - 7 on single shots

of course - i tried to turn off any additional functions, - no effect

and i also tried to reinstall the plugin - no effect

my friends from russian forum - had the same problem with demo of drumagog 5
i`m not alone

i repost and translate their messages from russian forum

"SoNick
Administrator

adress: Moscow
thanx: 708
Have thanked 2,216 times in 878 messages

"subj - is unreal cpu hungry
i can`t remove pops,and clicks"

Flynt
Real Member

"drumagog 5 eating about 10%, cpu drumagog 4 eating about 1%. with same effect , i tried demo in samplitude "

crillemannen - i have over 300 various plugs on my system , and all working ok

p.s some my friends - testing drumagog 5 and all works fine
personally i think - main problem -is bad beta testing

This is pretty much standard for every drum sampling software in my experience.
I've always separated the ghost notes to a different track to make those trigger 100% correctly(even having to replace a couple hits by hand to keep from double triggering or not triggering at all).

Try triggering ghost notes with Slate Digital's TRIGGER. You can even go super low in sensitivity if you use the leakage suppression to ensure that you're not triggering leakage.

Try triggering ghost notes with Slate Digital's TRIGGER. You can even go super low in sensitivity if you use the leakage suppression to ensure that you're not triggering leakage.

I mean no offense to your product(lots of people love it), but i tried the demo out and just couldn't get it to work a way i like.
My biggest problem is that i didn't see a way to mute and unmute a specific group of velocities in the plugin, which means i couldn't set up the tracks the way i do with drumagog(the workflow i developed from the original slate instruction booklet actually haha)

Absu,

I'm working on reducing the CPU usage further in the next update. I'll post a note here when it's ready, and I would appreciate it if you could try it out and let me know how it works on your system.

Thanks,
Rim

I mean no offense to your product(lots of people love it), but i tried the demo out and just couldn't get it to work a way i like.
My biggest problem is that i didn't see a way to mute and unmute a specific group of velocities in the plugin, which means i couldn't set up the tracks the way i do with drumagog(the workflow i developed from the original slate instruction booklet actually haha)

this was the problem I had when I first bought trigger. but they added the the feature where you can select the range of velocity layers. so it will only trigger the layers you want.... before that It was totally useless to me but now that they added it I couldn't be happier with it.
but I still might pick up drumagog 5 just to check it out. Slate and Rim/Wavemachine labs have both always been great with support and taking care of issues fast.... I feel like I need to support both of them haha

this was the problem I had when I first bought trigger. but they added the the feature where you can select the range of velocity layers. so it will only trigger the layers you want.... before that It was totally useless to me but now that they added it I couldn't be happier with it.
but I still might pick up drumagog 5 just to check it out. Slate and Rim/Wavemachine labs have both always been great with support and taking care of issues fast.... I feel like I need to support both of them haha

Exactly. Using the range you can do what Scott describes. But most important Brian, try to find the most complex snare track with leakage and ghost notes, and I bet with some leakage suppression and a few tweaks, one instance on one setting will trigger everything accurately.