Drumagog

weird, mine doesn't :rolleyes:.

it's also got some nice features like pitch modulation etc (the harder the hit is, the higher it gets pitched)...works cool if you only have one sample.

Yup! I haven't used Dumagog Pro once since I bought apTrigga a couple of years ago. :headbang:

i feel i may have been a little harsh on Wavemachinelabs.
Until recently there was only drumagog and sound replacer. And sound replacer is just plain awful. Drumagog was like a gift from god. Quirks aside
I'm so used to drumagog. and like what it does..... im having a moment of indecision now.

Yup! I haven't used Dumagog Pro once since I bought apTrigga a couple of years ago. :headbang:

I also have drumrehab which is pretty good, but Aptrigga is the shit and definitely the best replacer out there, especially if you don't really wanna "replace" but blend a sample to the real mic....

i too just switched from gog to aptrigga. it's way cool. seamless MIDI integration, i've been doing toontrack drumtracker > aptrigga, with absolutely delightful results, and that's essentially the same thing as going massey DTM > aptrigga.

I love apTrigga, but you cannot use random multisamples are multiple velocities with it, which makes it a real pain in the ass for doing full on replacement. You either set it to random where you get a bunch of multisamples that are all the same velocity layer, or dynamic, where you only get one sample per velocity layer.

Is there a free sampler out there that will trigger velocity sensitive multisamples from MIDI? I convert all my drums to MIDI for triggering anyways and use the SSD plugin, but it would be nice to be able to do the same with non-SSD samples.

I love apTrigga, but you cannot use random multisamples are multiple velocities with it, which makes it a real pain in the ass for doing full on replacement. You either set it to random where you get a bunch of multisamples that are all the same velocity layer, or dynamic, where you only get one sample per velocity layer.

Is there a free sampler out there that will trigger velocity sensitive multisamples from MIDI? I convert all my drums to MIDI for triggering anyways and use the SSD plugin, but it would be nice to be able to do the same with non-SSD samples.

Really??

Yes really. You can load a fixed amount of samples (5 or something, I can't remember) and then you set the "mode". Random mode means it plays one of those 5 samples randomly every time it triggers, dynamic mode means you set a dynamic range in which each sample is triggered, and only one sample per range. So you can't have 5 hard hits, 5 medium hits, and 5 soft hits.

006, yeah, you can use the dynamic mode for hard and medium hits, but it's going to trigger the exact same hard hit every time and the exact same medium hit every time. Machine gun central.

EDIT: For the record, I hate Drumagog and use apTrigga instead. I only use apTrigga to totally replace kicks or to augment real drums though, anything being completely replaced that needs multisamples to sound realistic gets DrumTracker'd to MIDI and triggered via Kontakt.

I use Drumagog and never had a single problem like the OP describes... Been running it on Reaper only though

Yeah I use Drumagog on Reaper with no problems. Reaper seems to handle plugins a hell of a lot better than PT though. I've never once had any latency issues or anything like that.

Hence

ApTrigga is pretty much perfect, just need a separate track for soft and hard.

One track with 4 hard samples, set to random; another track with 4 soft samples, set to random. That's what I was talking about.