DT's worst songs

hm. difficult question... :yell:
i don't like dobermann because it always crushes right into my tranquil states of having-just-listened-to-day-to-end which is very disturbing, err, but i this a very special case...
i don't like the whole of the first album (at least i didn't the last five billion times i listened to it; i try to like it, i really do, but in some strange way the skydancing crew seems to be wanting to stay unaccompanied by my humble presence...), i hate archetype :puke: , not because it's a techno song, but because it is utter crap, and i don't like cornered. gallery, mind's eye and projector are immaculate imho but haven...
i like it, but i made the horrible mistake to listen to it when i was as down as can be and now every time i listen to this cd i am reminded of my loss (father of my best friend; cancer. smokers are quite stupid...) back then.
quite strange a picture of a :worship: dt fan...:)

hmm maybe shadowlid facade,the flaming shades of fall... i can;t say i hate them but they are boring...as boring as FreeCard and some songs from Haven...but i usually don't skip them often anyway

Still moving sinews is an awesome song,btw! :hotjump:

As for Archetype i consider it as something "different",as not a DT song let's say,since it has nothing to do with the rest works of the band/their style and thus i don't compare it with the other stuff.... and to be honest it doesn't annoy me.I view it more as a (funny) experiment...

I'd say Midway through Infinity, The Dividing Line and Ego Drama. Archetype is imo a wonderful idea which was quite ruined somewhere in its creation. I still think that if ever Stanne decided to make a side-project loke techno-gothic or ebm with growls, or if ever dt decided to make such an album just once for a change, I think it could really be a(nother) masterpiece. Sadly, Archetype had no real musical or lyrical structure, it was just a remix, and a bad one, imo. But the idea is very interesting, I'd like them to make it resurface sooner or later :)

Alfred (impasto of burning oils)

ego drama? the same? those are amongst my dt faves... but i agree that archetype is a bad song :lol:

hyena

shadolitfacade?
this is one of the best ones,I love the whole enter suicidal angels-mincd(without archetype*G*)and the minds I with these 2 songs it would be the best one
and the diving line is nearly the 2.best one on the gallery
the guitars aghgh unbeliveable

Originally posted by Alfred
The Dividing Line
Whaaat??! :confused: :confused: :confused: It's impossible that a DT fan says this! One can't argue taste, but out of all DT songs how can you pick this one as (one of the) worst??!!! It's one of the best songs on The Gallery and of DT's entire repertoire, just listen to that mellow middle part, pure mastery!

MadTinus (in shock...)

Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't find The Dividing Line all that special. It is in no way the worst DT-song, but compared to the other masterpieces on The Gallery it really lacks, IMHO. As some wise man said a long time ago, a "good" song is less than mediocre among DT-songs.

-Villain

Originally posted by rahvin

well, apart from the obvious archetype, i think midway through infinity is basically just a filler. :cry:

rahvin. [/B]

Are you serious now?? this is fucking brilliant song! So much in your face! It was the song that put me into Swedish Death Metal on the first place! Still get the chills when I listen to it

Everything from the Gallery is great indeed! I find it strange that people even mention something out of this CD!

To tell you the truth I think that Day to End is my choice here (apart from the obvious archetype). I can appreciate it in a sense but I think that 90% of us skip in while playing the CD...

well i obviously did skip it from times to times. but it has some good tunes in it. listen to it at the scale of 1/4. but not that offen. i don't like to skip some track when i'm listening to my cds. went all the way :p

- red_beef

Yes I agree...
To tell you the truth I got it on CD but then I moved out and I had a tape copy... in which I didn't even have Days to End... So I didn't skip it either, technically speaking!